Hid globes

MexicanBatman

Ohh no not hids again you say...

I have searched for an answer but no even google can help me...

I need to know what I need for my 2012 camry

They are H7 but a H7 hid kit does not just simply fit without doing some mods

In my 2010 I fitted a h7 kit and jammed them in, but in the 2012 I'd like something more simple and easier to reverse if I needed to

What have others done?

No other choice I think, it's due to the plastic base. Maybe check around for different bulbs and their bases but I'm sure it's all the same.

You don't need to mod anything though. Mine worked out pretty well - you in Sydney mate? I just twisted the bulb in with the stock bracket, no cutting and no mods (except for hanging the ballast in that is)

Thanks ill give it a try

I don't really want to drill holes in the dust covers of the lights though

The 2012 are different to the 2010 as there plastic and not rubber.

That really sucks lol - I haven't seen the 2012 ones but I'm sure I'd be complicated :)

I don't really want to drill holes in the dust covers of the lights though

The 2012 are different to the 2010 as there plastic and not rubber.

The covers are about $5 each from Toyota, so drill away!

Edited by pinzvidz

• 4 weeks later...

There's different sizes? :S Sorry but I'm really noob with all this stuff. Can anyone help with HID sizes for my sportive?

Check the manual, it should tell you what globe sizes are in the headlight :)

There's different sizes? :S Sorry but I'm really noob with all this stuff. Can anyone help with HID sizes for my sportive?

Found it! :D HB3 right?

Found it! :D HB3 right?

Check for low beam not high beam. My car uses HB3 for high beams.

Guess it's not that recommended, especially not when you're using them to flash at people - I'm sure you'd blow a relay or kill the life of the hids. Hids are really meant to stay on or off. They take a bit to warm up too.

I'd buy a set of Philips 6000k or 7000k hb3s and put them in. Really up to you though :)

Guess it's not that recommended, especially not when you're using them to flash at people - I'm sure you'd blow a relay or kill the life of the hids. Hids are really meant to stay on or off. They take a bit to warm up too.

I'd buy a set of Philips 6000k or 7000k hb3s and put them in. Really up to you though :)

Sorry I'm confused so your recommending to NOT put hids to replace my high beams? Do they still give that nice blue look? Got a photo or link to a car that has them?

I would put them on the low beams but not high beams. Unless you're driving with high beams on all the time, or have them on for longer than 15 seconds.

Hids are not meant to be turned on and off frequently. They need to have time to heat up. As I have experienced, flicking them on and off blew my relays, had to replace them.

Try search for philips diamond vision and crystal vision in google and YouTube - I'm getting a pair soon for my high beams, already have HIDs for my low beam. If you want to hang in for a few weeks I'll post up some pics :)

I would put them on the low beams but not high beams. Unless you're driving with high beams on all the time, or have them on for longer than 15 seconds.

Hids are not meant to be turned on and off frequently. They need to have time to heat up. As I have experienced, flicking them on and off blew my relays, had to replace them.

Try search for philips diamond vision and crystal vision in google and YouTube - I'm getting a pair soon for my high beams, already have HIDs for my low beam. If you want to hang in for a few weeks I'll post up some pics :)

OMG! Makes sense. Sorry man I was thinking of something else when you said high beams. My bad. Alrite ye I get it and I shall be waiting. I want to see :D

• 1 month later...

hey man. i have a '12 Camry. simply buy h11 Hids. they fit no problem.

To save confusion here, the above poster is referring to his US Camry, which utilises H11 globes for the low beams. Australian Camrys use H7 globes for low beams.