What are my RIGHTS!!!!

klugerfam

Hi everyone.. any help would be appreciated. We bought a 2010 Toyota Kluger about 3 months ago from a reputable car dealership. We initially went there looking for a 4x4. The salesman convinced us that the Kluger was very family friendly and safe and that it was an AWD would be efficient for what we wanted to do with our driving. It's a great car, don't get me wrong BUT!!!!! We have just found out that it isn't an AWD at all. It's a Kluger Altitude 2WD. Do we have any legal rights here?? Our contract states that it is an AWD

Thanks in advance

Mate all I can say is, Department of Fair Trading.

I reckon you will have no problems in receiving a full refund. Or returning it for a swap for an AWD. The dealer has to honour the contract.

You were sold something different and you have the evidence in the contract to prove it.

This may sound silly, but have you checked the contract and made sure the chasis number match up to your vehicle.

This sounds like a major stuff up by the dealer and maybe they gave you the wrong car on delivery??

Before contacting Dept of Fair Trading i would firstly contact the dealer and tell them of their stuff up. See what their reaction is, I reckon they will admit responsibillity pretty quickly considering its written on the contract. I bet they will offer your some cash back at first because its difficult to take the car back rego transfer etc, but I reckon you are well in your rights to request a full refund.

Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress.

Im also curious how did you go with the dealer regarding this issue, as a couple of members said it might be worth a look at the contract, if you havent allready, and see what the idenfication numbers on the contract are the same as the ones on the car and see if the model is a GSU45R,before getting legal advice and contacting fair trading, hopefully mate they come to the party and give you the refund difference or come to some other arrangment.

Keeps us posted.

Hi everyone I have posted this question under 2 parts of the forum. I have posted a response in the General Toyota & other car Discussions part of the forum under the same heading as this topic.. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS!!

I hope I have answered all of your questions

Thanks again