Dealer Troubles - Members Warnings

Not sure what the formalities are when submitting topics for discussion; however I thought it would be good for members to have knowledge or to be advised to be cautious about some dealers. Perhaps we are not allowed to mention the actual dealer ?

My problem is that I had been servicing my '09 Camry Grande with a certain dealer service centre for some years and at the last service (Nov '12), they lost the service/log books..........!!!!

Yeah i know - WTF?

The problem is that they said to come back and they would be found, they were never found, the service manager of that centre was moved on, at least replaced and the new guy who replaced him, at the start knew nothing about it. Once I and my sales girl educated him on what transpired they then began lying and fobbing us off.

My problem is that I traded the car in and the purchasing dealer wants the log books.

If anyone has had this happen to them, they will know that Toyota do not give out new log books willy nilly. All sorts of hoops had to be jumped through and Stat Decs filled out etc.

Anyways, back at the ranch, I ended up having a very heated discussion with the little turd about wasting my time, lying to us, fobbing us and them being the problem - he just didn't care.

He knew the story, lied some more, bull****ted some more, tried to fob me off some more and then threatened to call the police!! - All because i told him what a lying SOB he was.

Suffice to say I won't be using Motorama Forest Lake again!!

I thought it would be useful for members to know these sorts of stories so that they can at least be weary.

Ross Lewellyn Motors in Ipswich are sensational, so not all of me Toyota experience is negative.

regards, and be alert!!

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds extremely annoying, but could have been avoided by not taking your car to stealerships for service to begin with.

You run the same risk at any mechanic. 'Stealership' or not.

Anyways, back at the ranch, I ended up having a very heated discussion with the little turd about wasting my time, lying to us, fobbing us and them being the problem - he just didn't care.

He knew the story, lied some more, bull****ted some more, tried to fob me off some more and then threatened to call the police!! - All because i told him what a lying SOB he was.

Sounds like a good way to solve a problem.

That sounds extremely annoying, but could have been avoided by not taking your car to stealerships for service to begin with.

You run the same risk at any mechanic. 'Stealership' or not

Rubbish. Find a local mechanic who puts his name on his business and lives or dies off local reputation/repeat business. Stealerships are simplymoney making animals, and they don't give a crap whether you come back or not, plenty more mugs where you came from for their service 'advisors' to con...

Edited by rollaurion

Rubbish. Find a local mechanic who puts his name on his business and lives or dies off local reputation/repeat business. Stealerships are simplymoney making animals, and they don't give a crap whether you come back or not, plenty more mugs where you came from for their service 'advisors' to con...

Perhaps, but a lost log book could still happen anywhere regardless of their attitude.

Perhaps, but a lost log book could still happen anywhere regardless of their attitude.

I disagree, but regardless of that surely you can see that the manner in which they are dealing with the situation is the real problem.

I disagree, but regardless of that surely you can see that the manner in which they are dealing with the situation is the real problem.

Surely you can see that the manner in which they dealt with the OP can happen ANYWHERE, regardless if they are a 'stealership' (by the way I do like the play on words, even if I don't agree with it) or not.

i agree with all of the comments; however i was okay and understanding for most of the time. You have to understand that this guy lied to me twice, over three phone calls over two weeks, got my sales girl involved twice over the same two weeks, and when i went in to stop the mucking around he instantly jumped to the defensive and lied again.

I do like the phrase Stealership; however for me time is money and this "Stealership" is very close and had been generally okay up until that point.

i don't think it is worthwhile our members getting into splitting hairs or tit for tat rubbish, but the topic is worth talking about.

warranty is a HUGE issue for me, and maintaining it; hence use of the "Stealerships".

cheers,

Guys.

Surely you can see that the manner in which they dealt with the OP can happen ANYWHERE, regardless if they are a 'stealership' (by the way I do like the play on words, even if I don't agree with it) or not.

That's my whole point though. No small business can afford to treat their customers like this.

BTW- which part do you disagree with?