2000 gen4 roof lining

TiiCee

i've seen and read some earlier posts about this sagging roof lining problem ( that i now have). To be honest , i was so confused when reading those replies, i am a car noob , but i want to do it my self , anyone have guides or pics on how to fix the sagging roof lining for the gen4 here ? ( pics prefered , if possible).

Thanks.

To be honest, very painful and lots of hassle.

easiest way is try to spray with Selleys Kwik Grip - 350G, Adhesive Spray, but that is temporary fixed.

by proper way

1. remove plastic trim from pillars

2. remove hand holders, sun visors, internal light and plastic holder from roof.

3. taking out foam backing from car (super painful)

4. remove sagging old fabric trim, and remove old yellowish foam from liner

5. buy new foam and new fabric(if you want to reuse old fabric don't wash it), and adhesive (2 to 3 Tub of Selleys Kwik Grip - Tub, 500ml)

5. apply adhesive and apply foam. let them dry for a day or two.

6. apply adhesive and apply fabric, let them dry for another day.

7. put your new head liner into the car, (super painful again)

8. put hand handle, sun visor, internal light and plastic holder

9. put plastic trim back to pillars.

If I were you, I don't want to do it myself again and get quote from auto trimmer.

Normally auto trimmer will quote you around $120 to $200, but if you do it by yourself that will cost you $120+ and lots of time, energy and hassle.

Sorry I don't have any photos while I did on my roof lining.

Edited by thSydney

ThSydney , thanks alot mate , you the BOMBMA ! :D sounds like a painfuly job , so i might as well take it to auto liner people. if its money , then it is not a problem haha.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did mine myself in the avalon, $35 for the material lining and $20 sika 1L contact adhesive from bunnings $55 total.

All up a good result, but I shouldn't have stood on the lining or knelt on it (left depressions in the liner :) prob took about 3 hours all up.

• Like 1