Twin exhaust mod.

SCOOTA44

Now I have replaced the rear manifold and engine pipe, going to start the twin system from the merge. The question is do I need to use the main cats ( I have 2 now) or would it be legal with just the cats off each manifold?

I wish I could help with what would be best Scott, real keen to see and hear what you get done. R u legal without cats? if so I say leave em out.

The idea is keep the cats on the manifolds, these have sensors either side of them. Just the larger one before the resonator, which does not have any sensors.

ive been looking @ the lotus setups, some how they get past the sensors. I know they run after market computers.

But they are saying the power gains from removing the cats and running custom manifolds are noticeable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It sure is a professional job ! much better than some exhaust shops I have dealt with. And now the Aurion sounds a bit like a Supra and has attitude. Will try to do some video tomorrow. Also there are no issues with sensors or other bugs. There is also a slight gain in power, nothing huge, but the new sound takes care of that.

I just got Rutherford Exhausts to do me a full 2.5 inch Mendrel Bent High Flow Cat Back and Flex, Split to Twin 2 and a Quarter Singles with 3.5 inch Cannons, I pick it up disarvo, I think it will be very nice.

Ill get some pics up in the my rides NSW section soon.

• Like 2

sounds awesome, hope there is adecent power gain after a new tune, otherwise all that work was pretty pointless when you could acheive and even better sound with just straight pipes

sounds awesome, hope there is adecent power gain after a new tune, otherwise all that work was pretty pointless when you could acheive and even better sound with just straight pipes

Nothing sounds worse imo than a straight thru on any car Alonso. Cheap and nasty.

Love to get a listen from the outside Scott. maybe a take off vid?

• Like 1

Outside vid for sure :) Good to see something different from all the other exhaust mods out there that have been done.It certainly sounds responsive through shifts (you didn't happen to have your transmission ECU flashed to a newer revision did you?)

• Like 1

Nothing sounds worse imo than a straight thru on any car Alonso. Cheap and nasty.

Love to get a listen from the outside Scott. maybe a take off vid?

straight pipes from where it splits into two, not the whole thing aha

Pretty much what I'm talking about too. I paid 20 bux for the pipes from Vic @ Aussie best and welded them to the flanges of the old muffs myself. Then i swapped to some decent stainless steel magma flows. Was lucky enuf to get a good deal from a fourm member.

I'll admit the car isn't as loud but it sure sounds sweater .