2002 Corolla Levin Alarm System HELP

Just need some info regarding the alarm system in my car. I didn't receive a remote control with the car and want to purchase on from anywhere, i have found some on ebay but i need to know what model alarm is in my car. Does anyone happen to know where i can find this information ?

Apparently there is 2 different models rs3000 and rs3200. Have no idea which one is in my car.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Also is anyone happens to know where i may get my hands on one i would love that information as well

Regards

Shane

If you only have the Gray ( Valet key) Toyota can't help you as you need the black master key for adding/ deleting new keys and remotes. All remote keys will be coded in as a master and you can get a standard black non remote master key too.

I will have to double check this but a more accurate way to see what your key has been coded in as, sit in the car and find the security light, it should be flashing, insert the key, if it is a master key the light will go out straight away and with a valet key it will stay lit for a second.

If you only have the Valet key you will need to go to a Locksmith to get your new remote key coded in, I can give you more detail on this if needed. If you have the master key this will be a lot easier for you. It isn't a good idea to get the remote keys from ebay, even the ones that say they are the correct frequency still wont code in ( I get this a bit at work) and the transponder chip that is in them can also be incorrect. Toyota have finally brought their prices down to something a bit more reasonable, the remote key for your car is about $200, you then need to get it cut ( get it cut to code) and then coded into your car, again go to a Locksmith, that's what Toyota does.

Hi there,

Thanks for the information you provided. Upon checking my key as mentioned it seems i only have the "Valet" key as when i put it in the ignition the light stayed light up for a second or 2 after it was in. From your info this seems to be a problem.

Just to confirm as i don't have the master key you are saying that i need to go to Toyota and buy the original key and remote ? is this correct ?

Regards

Shane

You are better off getting an original key from Toyota instead of one of the ones from ebay as the ebay ones are crap and don't work, I have tested a couple of the Toyota ones and they are no good ( As with most of the ebay transponder keys)

IF you went to Toyota they will need to replace the immo box so they can code in new keys, when they do this they normally quote on a new lock set too, this will sent you back around $2,500.... not worth it. Some dealers use Locksmiths to reset the immobiliser box so new keys can be added, if you take your car to them ( The Locksmith) they can do this for you so saves going through Toyota, this should cost you around $300 plus the $200 for the key. Once you have the Master key though you will be able to add/ delete keys and remotes yourself though.