How Quick is the S'tivo Now

Ok Guys here it is,

After going crusing on Saturday night (thx 4 the invite TJ aka XTigerX) with a brilliant bunch of blokes. I've learnt 2 things about the car.

1) the rolla handles a lot better than what i had expected (i have NOT done any mods to improve my handleing - still stock in this scense) as we seemed to take in a 15km treck of twisting and winding and bending whereby i got a real chance to test out the handling for myself as apposed to listen to those damn magazines that just seem to have something against the s'tivo. So for all you boys that have modded things man it must handle just great. :D

2) the car as it stands now is quicker than a standard new type-r. I had a run in with a friends 1 when we were both stock and @ mid 3rd gear the type-r just started to pull away and by forth was building on its lead i.e. the torquier, bigger capacity and more power and less weight was really starting to show and by the end of forth his boot was ahead of my bonnet by about 1-1.5m and pulling away slightly. Did this exact same run about 5 times with the same results. Sat nite lined up a standard 1 (Well we think it was standard - not my mates) and id have 2 say i completly buggered the start but anyway after slipping to the back of his door (i.e. front of my car level with the back of his door) when i change into 2nd (i just missed landing lift also so i wasnt doing 100% great) but in 2nd i started reeling him in making up ground :D :D. By the time i was in 3rd i was at his side mirror i.e making a metre on him. Come forth i was also making ground on him slowly but steadily. As apposed to the standard run i had in that run by this stage the type-r's bigger engine started to show its momentum and be pulling away but NOT in this case. At this point i dunno why but the guy just completly backed off. Maybe we was worried i was going to pass him :P :P .

Anyway at the end of all that i ended up no more than 50 cm difference between the start of his bonnet and the start of mine (almost at end of 4th) and potentially if we kept going i was stilling pulling him but anyway since he stopped we shall never know :( :( . But having to make up over 3-4m from being behind on a car like that is no easy task considering my stock result. But atleast now i know where i stand. TJ i knw you thought i was ahead but sorry dude he just got me. If only he kept going :( . Considering i only had my mods 4 only 2 days before that im now going to have to go an practice my taking off again :P as i only just perfected in standard.

Conclusion

I AM VERY VERY HAPPY WITH MY MODS AND RESULTS :D :D :D And thx 4 a great nite TJ. I'LL TAKE THAT TYPE-R NEXT TIME.

p.s. This information is for educational purposes only ;) and Xoom or his sportivo is no way liable for any damage or lose of property for other trying to replicate these result :P :P

I take my rolla out 1-3 times a week down Wildwood rd in Bulla. It's a series of slow and fast twisty bits, with different road surfaces through out. I hit 200kph twice during my runs (5.5Km), so i know how the rolla handels at high speeds. All I can say is I race alot of my mates in Worked V8's / Worked 4cyl and 6cyl cars, (Touge Style) and we push the limits in our cars every time, I can safely say the rolla out does everyone. In a straight line im suprised how the rolla can still pull strong against V8's in top gears. Cornering? Well its super quick, I've had my share of hairy moments in my car :o , and the rolla never says die (even being a FF) I've dived into corners with too much speed (120kph+) and brought on hints of oversteer thinking im going to die :( . But she holds the road with its increadible stability. It's kinda why i don't want to lower my car, it handels the high speed bumps and corners well, I love that stability in top gears.

Ps. You all can get to see my drivin soon. Im doing some in-car footage of 1 entire run.

Great run! :D

At one stage Xoom & I were leading the 20-25 car pack. Decided to give it a bit and ended up leaving the pack behind by about 200+ metres.

Doing the stage at about 60-70%. Some corners were rated 55km/hr. Let's just say that Xoom & I were pretty much doing double the recommended speeds around the corners.

The Stivo did pretty well. ;)

-Chris

Not bad mate, not bad at all, that unichip must really increase the torque across the rev range. I have noticed a few more dirty looks out there from people, i think the car is earning some respect, must be all you guys with your crazy driving :lol: .

hahahaha :P

yeh took my car for a run tonite thru 1st and 2nd sections to and back with my cuz's type-r...

doing just nicely around corners :P

not bad considering got my first manual car on friday and done 900kms already... hehe

oh yeah! not to forget!

T-Sport was also there. With his BRAND NEW STIVO!

Less than 1,000km on the clock and already doing stages. hahah

Good stuff Aaron!

Meet up soon and see how we go again.

Keen on the Singleton via Putty Rd cruise on the 17th with Team GODspeed?

PM me if you are.

-Chris