Hello! (And fuel economy help :) )

Cosmo

hi perthcamry

i've got a 2.4 (2005) as well and right now i'm only getting 13.5 / 100

i know for sure that it's way off (i don't drive aggresively), know what i mean?

but at the same time, i'm not sure what to do about it........any suggestions?

and when you say "tyres at 38psi", does that mean front and rear?

i'm 100% sure the recommended pressure is 36psi front and 32psi rear (label says so)

i would REALLY LOVE to get 10 / 100 even 11 :D

thanks

I'm getting around 12.9-13L / 100 with the V6.

Heh.....who would have thought the work vehicle (4Litre Petrol Ford Wagon) gets 11.9L/100

I was always under the presumption that Toyota would have been more fuel efficient. :unsure:

I drive a 96 Gen 3.5 V6 3L and get about 700km off one full tank (approx 66ltr tank as there is always some still in there when I fill up)

so you can do the sums behind that :D

please note, my car hasn't ben tuned in over 100,00km and fliuds are checked and changed (if need be) every 7,000km

i get 16.2L/100km recently with my 2 years old 2.4L camry sportivo + xforce muffler with little aggressive drive.

the fuel consumption is getting worse. :angry:

by the way 2.4L engine is hopeless!!!

i get 16.2L/100km recently with my 2 years old 2.4L camry sportivo + xforce muffler with little aggressive drive.

That sounds like there is a bigger problem. I am getting 8.6l/100k on the hwy and 10-11 around town. I have 50,000k on it

i was used to get 13L to 14L /100km, sometimes 12L/100km.

but in this month, 16.2L/100km.

my car was 2.4 years old and done 27000km, with regular service.

i really don't know what happen at all.

sorry mate i have to disagree ive got 07 sportivo acv40r 2.4 stock as. five monts old i run caltex vortex 98 and on the weekend up the hunter valley i got 6.5l/100 at 110kph and the 2.4 doesnt mind giving the odd sv6 como the odd challenge up the local hill. thumbs up on new model :toast:

sorry mate i have to disagree ive got 07 sportivo acv40r 2.4 stock as. five monts old i run caltex vortex 98 and on the weekend up the hunter valley i got 6.5l/100 at 110kph and the 2.4 doesnt mind giving the odd sv6 como the odd challenge up the local hill. thumbs up on new model :toast:

lolz, isnt new model camry weight a bit more? and yr car is too new, wait for few months, coz i have my camry 05, same problem, fuel consumption compare to when i just get it, differ a bit... but i guess tats mb with extra weight from woofer and larger tyre,body kit and wheel MAYBE? hrm..

i was used to get 13L to 14L /100km, sometimes 12L/100km.

but in this month, 16.2L/100km.

my car was 2.4 years old and done 27000km, with regular service.

i really don't know what happen at all.

WOW DUDE!!!! :whistling: Gently on the GAS!!! :spiteful: you're driving a 4cyc not a V8 <_<

muffler shouldn't change the fuel consumption, if they do it should be very little.

My 98 V6 Camry does about 11-14L/100km.

• 4 weeks later...

The odo of my 02 advantage (3L V6) is about 95K and I got it serviced recently with a new time belt. It seems it takes about 12L/100km in average. Judging from your posts, the fuel consumption seems pretty OK. However, I keep tyre pressure at 32psi. Isn't it too low?

The odo of my 02 advantage (3L V6) is about 95K and I got it serviced recently with a new time belt. It seems it takes about 12L/100km in average. Judging from your posts, the fuel consumption seems pretty OK. However, I keep tyre pressure at 32psi. Isn't it too low?

My Camry is 99' Model 2.2L, i pumped up the tyre to 36psi, better acceleration and save fuel too. But I did install high performance NGK spark plug lead. It is better torque than before...

My Camry is 99' Model 2.2L, i pumped up the tyre to 36psi, better acceleration and save fuel too. But I did install high performance NGK spark plug lead. It is better torque than before...

Mine is 99 Vienta Grande, first 4 years 104,000+ average under 10l/100km, most of the time from home to work around 34km (45 minutes average) each way.

BH

Well I have a 2004 V6 pov pack (has 17" 235/45/17) and we get about 12.2ltr per 100 kays but thats mostly the wife driving which doesnt help much she has way more speeding fines than me :P

I see the radars before see does that is mostly city driving I mostly do the country road driving (GOLF) so all up 12 odd litre's city and about 10 litre's open road. (open is me hammering it love the old way through meadows and clarendon..adelaide)

Cheers

PS I use 98 octane fuel only :D

Edited by akin

• 2 weeks later...
Ummm fuel economy is a tricky beast. Some cars with the same specs run quite differently. There are slight manufacturing differences. I find BP 91 works well for me. ;)

Getting a chip to optimise your engines fuel curve/power is the best. Also interesting to note that I think our car has the same engine as the Tarago and the RAV 4. in those guises they have slightly different power and torque. Could be different computer program could be exhaust. But the Australian standards get around 10L per 100k for the Tarago, which weighs 200kg more than a Camry…. :unsure:

Evil as some may think there are some claimed fuel saving devices I am trying one at the moment. :ph34r:

This may be a bit off topic but where can I get a K&N air filter for an 05 2.4L in Perth?

You can check ebay.au, what year of urs? i found a guy selling it for 91~99 Camry.

Edited by jbjb

Hey i just installed 2 air swirl devices in the intake section ... one just after the airflow meter and the other just after the resonator box on my stock 3.0L camry, the same day put the k&n panel filter straight into the air box... no mods needed... and will report any benefits... havent been doing much driving but i want to see if this stuff really works or if it is the placabo effect of spending money on performance products... btw check out www.fuelsaver.com.au for the air swirl hiclone thingys cost me $288 internet order and the K&N panel filter for the 1MZFE was about $150 RRP comes pre-oiled and also includes pretty sticker... i love stickers :D sticker

Ahoy... My 1998 Camry (Vienta) gets about 500k / tank, which isn't too bad, really.

Average of 11L/100k's, that's about 60% highway / 40% stop and go...

Usually just BP 91, sometimes I'll lash out and go BP Ultimate / Vortex but only when I'm feeling rich...

Hey i just installed 2 air swirl devices in the intake section ... one just after the airflow meter and the other just after the resonator box on my stock 3.0L camry, the same day put the k&n panel filter straight into the air box... no mods needed... and will report any benefits... havent been doing much driving but i want to see if this stuff really works or if it is the placabo effect of spending money on performance products... btw check out www.fuelsaver.com.au for the air swirl hiclone thingys cost me $288 internet order and the K&N panel filter for the 1MZFE was about $150 RRP comes pre-oiled and also includes pretty sticker... i love stickers :D sticker

Those swirl devices definately looks interesting!! Be sure to tell us how you went!!! Did you experience more power too?? Might get one myself :)