Aftermarket hilux parts

810CKA

I just brought my 1st hilux and I'm looking for a place to buy aftermarket part such as grills and front bumpers and such. I've looked a little bit on the net but with out much luck.

I live in bris and would like to see before I buy. Any suggestions?

Cheers mate. But all I'm looking for is a mat black grill with no badge. Which like you said I'll find on eBay. But I also want my bumper painted to match the rest of the car. As it is real pasticy looking. I saw this guy and he had a 2010 model and his bumper was painted, he said just take it to a panal beater. Any ideas??

Hi Mate,

I'm also interested in this. Please let me know when you find out... I think the plastic bumper looks kinda pov... lol

Did you buy the Workmate also? How you finding yours?

• 1 month later...

I've seen a matte black grille on ebay, for the new shape hilux, but it only had the mesh in the centre.. Also, maybe look for an sr5 bumper, they're colour coded.

• 4 weeks later...

I've bought a few Chinese copy bits for my YN58- taillight assemblies and door mirrors. The bits are VERY cheap compared to Toyota OEM but the quality is just awful.

I got a pair of Chinese copy taillights for under $50, shipping included. Penrith Toyota quoted $400 for ONE new OEM taillight. However, the copy taillight housings are thin, cheap plastic with a squirt of silver spray paint as a reflector and the lenses are VERY fragile and must be installed with extreme care to avoid breaking them. They do work OK, though. Sure better than the cracked, faded 25 yr old OEMs they replaced.

Similar story with replacement door mirrors- about $33/ea, delivered, for Chinese copies. The mounting foot on the knockoffs was not the same shape as the OEM, which revealed the dirty shadow in the paint from the OEM mirror foot. The knockoffs' covers for the feet would not snap in place once the foot was screwed to the door. Since all I really needed was new mirror heads, I grafted the knockoff heads to the OEM feet, using the OEM mirrors' springs. Works OK. Mirrors are not the best- you can see stuff but the image is a bit distorted.

You get what you pay for.

• 3 months later...