Got booking for pedders extreme XA coilovers. did i get a good deal?

So got a booking for this Tuesday and got a quote which includes balance and alignment, those spring extender ?things? in the boot for easier rear adjustment with full parts and labour for exactly $2000. Is that a good price? I remember reading about where people here paid between 2100 to 2400?

Thanks mate. Good to hear the price is fair. I haggled over the phone. Gonna do some more in store. See if I can still shave few $$ off the total price even though $2000 sounds fair it's still a sh*t load of money for me lol!

I'm going to run on my stock 16" rims. What's people's thoughts on that?

you gonna get different rims eventually?

i have 20's and the tyre is flush with the guard front and rear, with it like that the exhuast is approx 80mm off the ground

it will look good lowered either way :)

which pedders did you go to ? cos i remember you're around my area.

i asked the pedders in heidelberg and got quoted 2400$

i'm getting BC Racing Coilovers which are near similar to the pedders for 2000$

i can let you know where i'm going to if you want

you gonna get different rims eventually?

i have 20's and the tyre is flush with the guard front and rear, with it like that the exhuast is approx 80mm off the ground

it will look good lowered either way :)

Yeah man. Getting new rims will happen eventually. Every tom ***** harry has told me to change the rims :lol: But I can't part with the current rims/tyres as I don't even think they're a year old. I got these on ATM: http://www.michelin.com.au/Products-Services/Car-SUV-LT/passenger_car/size.html?summer=Primacy%20LC&maker=TOYOTA,,,AURION&version=Prodigy,,,2007

which pedders did you go to ? cos i remember you're around my area.

i asked the pedders in heidelberg and got quoted 2400$

i'm getting BC Racing Coilovers which are near similar to the pedders for 2000$

i can let you know where i'm going to if you want

Hey mate, I'm going to my closest one which is at Campbellfield. Your quote is $400 too high :lol:.

Yeah, give us the details on what your doing/etc :)

I wonder if there is any difference in feel/ride quality so on between your BC's and Pedders

pretty much BC Racing BR Type coils, AVC40 model, 8kg front and 5kg rear springs. damper, rebound, spring rate, camber and ride height adjustment. from centreline suspension in lalor off of mahoneys road on lipton drive

btw i've been told its better to get wheels before you get suspension, just so you do have to reset everything again.

Edited by xCalibur_

Car's been at Pedders since 10am. Went over about 2PM this arvo to check up on it. Everything looks like it's coming along nice. Can't wait to drive the car.

pics pics pics :)

Car's been at Pedders since 10am. Went over about 2PM this arvo to check up on it. Everything looks like it's coming along nice. Can't wait to drive the car.

pics pics pics :)

Pics will come soon. Tried to take some before but it just sucks trying at night. Will take some nice pics in the day. I left the ride height 'legal'. I say that because I asked him to keep it JUST legal. He dropped it about 25mm and said that I'm only 1mm away from non legal height. Happy with that. Wish I could go lower but don't want to push my luck.

Here is one pic though of the oldies :)

IMG_2985_zpsfcf7665c.jpg

Just some some quick feedback, and I frigging love them. You leave cars in the dust. It's amazing how frigging awesome you can take corners. It no longer turns like a big boat, lol! It is the best damn mod ever and I wish I only did it sooner. For sure going to take it out on some twisty roads to really test them out.

the only bad thing is the exhaust hangs down too far

my frame is 100mm off the ground and the exhaust is 80mm -_-

glad you're happy with it, i know i was when i put mine in :)

now time for rims ;)

Congrats mate and welcome to the extreme club...all ya need now is some rims and some decent rubber and you will be surprised how well the big boats really handle.

look forward to some pics.

and $2000 fitted sounds about right....hehe I got mine for around $1850 fitted after they mucked me around with shockers & springs that didn't fit and wasted a whole day in their workshop but in the end it all turned out good.

Thanks mate. Yeah like I said just above rims will be coming but not just yet :). So far really happy with everything.

any pics with the new coilovers???

Hey mate, I've took a few but I mean since I've went legal ride height you can't tell much difference in pics but put another Aurion stock side by side you definitely would :lol:.

Just need to upgrade my stock rims and that'll really set things off.

Will try to find a decent photo op and take better pics though :)