Recommendations on buying a second hand Aurion TRD

Hello all.

Im new to the forum and joined because i find myself in a bit of a quandary and would really appreciate any advice.

My first (and current) car is a Corolla Sportivo hatchback that ive had for about 4 years now. Never had any problems with it and love it to bits.

However i recently got married and need to get another car, family size. I was looking at the Aurion as it is a safe and relatively affordable car.

I did a couple of searches and then came across the TRD Aurion and immediatley fell in love with it! It has to be one of the best looking cars out there in my opinion. I am serious;y considering buying one in the 25-$30 000 price range with mileage of about 30-60 000kms.

I would like to find out from people who own either of Aurion or the TRD Aurion what your opinion is on spending that much money on a second TRD as my wife thinks a small SUV is preferable?(nooooooooo :unsure: )

Any advice/suggestions/information would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Seems to be a few things I have been reading this forum since I bought mine

Water pump leak, check for splatter or a line on the bonnet sound proofing just above water pump.

Auto trans check for clunking or flaring when changing gears when cold.

Also sticking in park or hard to move lever out of park.

Steering pulling to the left.

Park brake not working.

Thankfully mine has none of the above!

Cheers

No didn't buy it new got it 4 weeks ago with 72K on it.

And am happy with it so far would get another one for sure! ... very good economy 3 tanks doing less than 8 litres to the 100k on me 110 k drive to work which is 30 min city 1 hour F3. so getting over 700 K's on a tank and putting in from 49 litres to 55 litres on a 70 litre tank much better than the 2003 V6 prior to this one that was around 10 litres to the 100.

Plenty of power wife tried 3 times to floor it and gave up to scary for her.

Cheers

Go on and buy one. I've got one and love it. No problems at all. The only problem is parts are dear if you need them.

Thanks a lot guys. i think i am a step closer to committing to buying one. My only concern as you pointed out is spare parts.

If something were to go wrong is there any way of obtaining spare parts as the car is now discontinued.

Regular Aurion parts are not interchangeable are they.

(The reason i ask is my wife is going grill me about this even though she secretly loves the car!)

Another trivial question,what colour cars do you have,and would you have chosen a different colour if you could?

Thank you so much for all your advice guys i really really appreciate it as i only recently graduated so this is quite a big investment for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a bit late on the reply, but hopefully it helps.

Bought my TRD on the 68k mark for $27k, and I don't regret it at all.

Regular Aurion parts are interchangeable, since it's essentially a done up Sportivo. Only big differences are the supercharger, brakes, and body kit.

Body kit replacements are dearer than raising ten children, but everything else should be the typical Toyota price (Which can sometimes be well priced, other times you need a second loan, but thankfully usually there's bugger all problems and it just keeps going and going and going)

I'd originally been eying off a white TRD which was being sold in Tasmania, fully intending to drive it back, but I'm extremely happy with the red of my baby.

Just do it. If you are sold on the thought of owning one, then you may as well. There are many other cars out there that offer a better bang for your buck, but the TRD just has one of those unique looks that even though the design is 6 years old, it still looks somewhat more unique.

I've heard DJKOR say that he just can't seem to let go of his despite the fact that he wants to move to bigger and better things.

2bbf5t.jpg

I've got a silver one and love the colour. To be honest, with so few around colour choice is not that optional. Just get the one that best suits your budget and is the best available for the price.

Can't fault my TRD Aurion or my TRD Hilux. They are just that little bit better than the standard cars. If you get the TRD aurion the only thing I would change is the Y piece exhaust. I have done mine & the mufflers, & it really makes a difference in both grunt & fuel economy. I consistently average 7.4 ltrs/100klm on the highway with 252Kw on tap. Mind you if you squeeze it, you will drink the juice.

Had both cars for 3 years & no issues at all. Good value for money & toyota reliability.

Putting twin 2,1/4" exhausts on the Lux this weekend, which should improve the fuel & grunt.