ultra racing sway bar ect

Hello everyone has anyone use the ultra racing sway bars and braces on there aurion. I emailed ultra racing I told them I have the 2012 aurion gsv50r model and if they had options for it there emailed me back saying there Camry range will fit but not sure...

My aurion is the Turing model and the handling is ok but would like it to be abit stiffer on the road

• Like 1

The Aurion is branded Camry in Thailand so it is the same car. Adding the rear sway bar and front strut bar made a big difference to my cars handling and was well worth the money.

Hi robf

What size rear sway bar did you upgrade to ??

I'm looking at the 23 mm one. But my one on the car at the mo is only 16 mm don't want it to be too stiff that I cause the car to spin out.

Does anyone know what size they use on the sportivos ?

On the last model range they all used 16mm (not sure on TRD) so there was no difference between ATX - Sportivo. 19mm should be thick enough for you, where are you looking at getting it from?

As long as it fits, I'd say 19mm would be thick enough for anyone. A lot of the guys on here have 19mm and love it, unless you're gonna heavily track use your car and upgrade everything else to compensate I'd stick with 19mm. Their australian website doesn't list anything for a 2012 model as yet so hope you trust that email...

In the old thread floating around here, and other sources across the net, 23mm is way too thick, 19mm is the sweet spot especially when coupled with the strut brace.

The sway bar will still make a difference, there's a nifty animation on the ebay listings that shows what forces it helps with.

Still need to get myself the sway bar, the strut brace alone did make a noticable difference.

Yea I think I might go with the 19 mm swaybar and front strut brave. I found a write up on swaybars for fwd cars and it told me how to work out how much stiffer the new bar would be over the old one.

You just times the thicknes of you old by for so mine is 16mm the you time the size your going to so 19mm or 23mm then you divide one into the ather and thats how much stiffer it would be

16x16x16x16= 65.635

19x19x19x19=130.321 divide the to and you get

1.98 so the 19mm will be prity much 2x stiffer.

The 23mm kum up 4.27 so heaps stiffer

16x16x16x16= 65.635

19x19x19x19=130.321 divide the to and you get

1.98 so the 19mm will be prity much 2x stiffer.

The 23mm kum up 4.27 so heaps stiffer

Those maths only work if all the bars are solid.

Oh ok I thought swaybars were solid spring steel if they weren't solid wouldn't they just twist ?

Torsional strength is calculated off the second moment of area (which is based off the fourth-power of the diameter, rather than just squared like you would for area). Thus the centre section of a tube doesn't contribute anywhere near as much stiffness than the outer portion does for the same amount of area - ie a solid bar with a cross-sectional area of X and a diameter of Y will not be as stiff as a hollow tube of cross-sectional area X and diameter 2*Y - even though the area is the same the hollow tube has that area distributed at a greater diameter and thus is stiffer for the same weight.

For example - A 19mm solid swaybar is 1.98 times stiffer than a 16mm solid swaybar, but is 1.4 times heavier. If you change the 19mm swaybar to hollow with a wall thickness of 15.95mm, it has the same stiffness as the solid 16mm swaybar but is 2.4 times lighter