And usually cold weather and mostly wet weather

Putting car in neutral the throttle responds

Put back in drive not in sport mode

Still no response for 30 seconds

Some time engine will rev to 6700

But not progression of gears

And no power from engine

Seems to be throttle by wire problem

Also when hard acceleration in wet conditions pulling into moving traffic I can feel traction control activate and same problem occurs giving zero throttle response from the pedal.

Note: Dangerous when joining traffic flow

Any ideas ???

Who do you speak to at Toyota ?

Alto in Sydney have never heard of it

Can you get it repeatable ?

Really got me worried after being t boned in traffic

The other day !!!!

Well Adjit from Alto days "no such problem"

Bring car in and well look at it

I can envisage a two week buggering around session with burocrasy

Which dealer do you work for ?

I'm ever to get these guys on the home work BEFORE I bring car in and waste precious time finding a known fault

Garret

• 1 month later...

HI TO ALL I HAVE 2013 ASCENT SPORTS THE CAR HAS DONE THIS TO ME AND MY WIFE 5 TIMES VERY DANGEROUS TOYOTA IS IN DENIAL OF A PROBLEM . CAN YOU HELP ME THANK YOU BARRY

• Like 1

hi caps off. toyota said thay have not heard of this problem .garret Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

whith his problem

how much time do you need wait till some has an accident .like v.w

Can everyone publicly post here the scenario in which this happens? Cruise on/off, engine cold/hot, outside temp hot/cold, driving hard/soft etc... Your model, Man, CVT??

Private phone calls etc is against the spirit of the forum to share and collaborate.

If you do have a issue with the vehcile and toyota wont listen, then refer to the ACCC Recalls department, or even call your motor vehicle association...

I have the 2013 ZRE182 Sport CVT. I have not noticed the above issues of non-responsive throttle, but have noticed the traction control kick in when parked on steep driveways.

• Like 1

I think it's time I got Tech Services involved

1. Set up camera on pedal box

Dash board

Out side

2. Setup ODB logging

3. Monitor

Throttle Pedal out put

Throttle position

RPM

Front wheel speed left and right

Water temp

Outside temp

Gear box temp

This will tell all info I need

Then work a "track" to reproduce fault

Then publish on YouTube

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

My Corolla LevinZR has a habit of sticking in first gear (auto) when taking off on a wet road or out of a driveway, in dry weather and not removing itself from first until the car has come to complete stop. The dealer has admitted there is a problem as the same thing happened to him when roadtesting another customers car.

Toyota Australia have released a statement on this saying that "The operation of the CVT is considered normal and there are no current ways of fixing it".

I would love my dealer principal to be driving out of a driveway infront of a semi-trailer (where there is plenty of room), only to have to stop the car completely in the middle of the road. Maybe then when he seen the impact of having a semi almost run up the back of him, something will be done.

I highly doubt this though as my dealer refuses to return phone calls. After taking it back 12 times in 8 weeks, I feel their attitude is... "well trade it in on a manual then, that will stop you complaining!!!"

• Like 2

My Corolla LevinZR has a habit of sticking in first gear (auto) when taking off

Toyota Australia have released a statement on this saying that "The operation of the CVT is considered normal and there are no current ways of fixing it".

Umm, unless you're using the "sports shift" manual shift there IS no "first gear" in a CVT auto....

ive been in countless times about these problems to the service department, "really think when they see me drive up, its like f%*# me, its him again"

besides all this.

this is a letter i have been given by them from toyota.

* now tell me whats wrong in this letter? *

IMG_20131115_0001_NEW.pdf

• 1 month later...

Ok latest update, toyota have tryed a new program in my corolla as a trial, everything is the same apart from the T.C.S ( traction control ) in the wet.

They have fixed the problem of sticking low range/holding back, when taking off and wheel spin occours,

tho i must say everything eles is the same, coming out of a petrol station driveway's and it sticks at low revs, also the rapid downshift is still there when braking down hill.

so they still have some work to do on this programming of this cvt logic system.

i also asked the service manager what they were going to do

and his response was

"toyota aint to worried about that at the moment"

Quote - Dave - Service manager

Brian hilton Toyota - Wyoming

****** THEY WILL WHEN PEOPLE GET KILLED ******

People we need to drum this into toyota otherwise they aint going to do nothing about it.

Edited by zre182-rolla

Honestly, if you're still having problems with it now and you're not happy with the way Toyota has dealt with it, maybe it is time to cut your losses, sell it and move on?

dont get me wrong,

its a great car,

cant fault it,

apart from the obvious,

we should have gone manual, went auto for the miss as shes learning to drive and really its her car. lol :-)

im just playing with it!

gonna be a fun little project!

• 1 month later...

Mine does the same, I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the ecu coding etc.

I have been told some auto cars, traction control system has this thing called a butterfly effect which; when wheel traction is broken with vsc on or off the car goes into limp mode and drops all revs and restricts further throttle persistence.

I think there is a ecu tune that can be done to get rid of this.

Anybody know of a place that tunes new corollas?

• 5 weeks later...

I can confirm that my auto ZRE182R does the same thing when going down hills. If I tap the brake it will downshift and rev quite high.