Ahoy! Newbie from WA

emseadub

G'day my Aussie (and other) Toyota brethren! Just went and bought my 2007 Camry Altise yesterday, still waiting to pick her up 😁Finally gave up on my 1994 Camry I bought as my first car 10 years ago. Decided to stop spending money on that one after 500,000+ks and unknown $s - but the bloody thing is still going, 2 years later! Definitely time for an upgrade, though. Never even thought to look for a mob like you lot, but better late than never! Will post pics when I pick the new beast up; and by beast I mean boring and stock... For now!

Edited by emseadub

Welcome to the club. Don't knock the 2007 altise. I had one for 3 years as a family runabout and it did its job admirably. Unfortunately it was written off in an accident, otherwise I'd still have it. You're right about Toyota's having a reputation of being "unkillable". I tried with an 83 corolla sedan. Ended up giving up on trying to kill it and sold it to a wrecker for $500. Haha.

Thanks, prodigy! Definitely won't knock it, only had it for a few hours before I had to leave town for work, and I am impressed already! Haha same here, ended up just giving my old one to my mechanic to strip down for parts, even though she still ran! I didn't even think to look at the Aurion, bit of an upgrade on your old Altise, is it?

Thanks, prodigy! Definitely won't knock it, only had it for a few hours before I had to leave town for work, and I am impressed already! Haha same here, ended up just giving my old one to my mechanic to strip down for parts, even though she still ran! I didn't even think to look at the Aurion, bit of an upgrade on your old Altise, is it?

Yeah, the aurion was an unexpected upgrade. I went looking for another Camry (was hoping I could convince the wife to swing towards a sportivo) when I found the aurion in my price range. Prodigy model comes with black leather, woodgrain, etc. As well as that, a whole lot more grunt (yay for me). Not often that writing off a car works in your favour but I'll take it. Haha.