Bought Toyota Hilux 2007. questions to ask

mitch04

Hi I have bought a Toyota Hilux 2007 from a car yard. I got the car registered all from them but I have noticed things like blinkers dont work, electric windows faulty and lots small things like that. I got the car straight away serviced. I have taken the car back to the car yard as the Bush suspensions needed to be replaced as what the mechanics said to me. Can anyone please tell me exactly where they are located so I can look to make sure they did the job properly. Also Could you please tell me somethings I should check through so I can see if its working properly. I am doing a big drive up from gold coast to Darwin and want to make sure I am right

Thank you

if it's a diesel then get the injectors check through toyota asap. If they're faulty then you have the car yards warranty to claim on but it doesn't last for long (compulsory warranty)

Fit water pump and thermostat with housing and hoses [ALL] OR carry them with you. Cheaper to replace too soon than too late. Cam belt is a good idea too, so you're in NO DOUBT it's ok. Never believe a sellers word at face value, ALWAYS verify for yourself. Does the compliance plate date match the advertising? Do write down the cam belt replacement milage on the sticker on the cover, as it will fade/get lost. If missing-REPLACE belt!!!!! It's abt due! Start a log book, record mileages at least weekly, and all expenses/repairs, and as much detail as possible.

There are several suspension bushes-some in each end of each leaf spring of the rear suspension, and others around the anti-sway bar in the front end. There are also bushes in the hinge joints of the front suspension arms. without knowning which bushes are faulty, or testing myself to discover them, it's a bit hard to advise further. GUESS it's the rubber bushes around the anti-sway bar, as all the others are metal and more difficult to fit. does it have excess body roll? That's a sign it may be them. Does the steering track properly and have no looseness? Takes out suspension arms, leaves rear suspension-rattley backend; power on-off changes rate of turn? might be rear bushes. Suggest you purchase a CD version of a workshop manual-they're cheap and very good. See ebay etc. Learn to DIY, not only does it make the jobs cheaper, it increases your knowledge of your vehicle and how to drive it well. Fast is not well, any fool can drive fast, but few can drive well.