New Head Unit ???

GTiR88

Hey Guys...

Thinking of pimping up the head unit in my 05 Stivo... B)

Looking for a Double DIN head unit that will play DVD's/TV/MP3's/WMA's etc ....

I also want this head unit to have GPS!!!!

Is there such a system???? :huh:

There is a Kenwood system out at the moment...but doesn't seem to have GPS function.... :(

suggestions and advice please... :)

i guess if you're going for a tv screen setup, you're going to want one thats a solid screen over 2 dins... or a pop out screen...

personally i like the popout screens, and i would suggest an alpine IVA-D310... that does pretty much everything... or maybe a clarion fold out unit... most units dont have everything included, but you can add other units and control them through your touchscreen interface. I know the alpine GPS unit is separate...

it all depends on what you want to spend really... you could get something basic for maybe 1000 on ebay, or you could heap up towards the 5000 dollar range for a fantastic multimedia system...

i have seen that kenwood though, for a solid double din screen, i think thats got great bang for buck. its got heaps of features (but alas, no gps), and it looks the goods... you could always just buy a separate GPS unit for the car if you desperately want it.

thats my 2 cents.

i guess if you're going for a tv screen setup, you're going to want one thats a solid screen over 2 dins... or a pop out screen...

personally i like the popout screens, and i would suggest an alpine IVA-D310... that does pretty much everything... or maybe a clarion fold out unit... most units dont have everything included, but you can add other units and control them through your touchscreen interface. I know the alpine GPS unit is separate...

it all depends on what you want to spend really... you could get something basic for maybe 1000 on ebay, or you could heap up towards the 5000 dollar range for a fantastic multimedia system...

i have seen that kenwood though, for a solid double din screen, i think thats got great bang for buck. its got heaps of features (but alas, no gps), and it looks the goods... you could always just buy a separate GPS unit for the car if you desperately want it.

thats my 2 cents.

a double din screen, you will not find the many of the more popular manufacturers having any of these unfortunately. pioneer, clarion, alpine, etc. will have single din units with a pop out screen, or double din units without screens. kenwood on the other hand have 2 units priced at around $2200 and the other at $2800 i think.

i've been looking for a new double din headunit myself that will has a screen. only ones i've seen (other than the kenwoods) are on ebay. the double din touch scren unit with dvd/vcd/tv tuner/cd/mp3/etc, was around $770, add $60 or so for delivery.

as for the gps, like blue_rolla said... you can just purchase a seperate unit and hook it up to your screen. or if the headunit doesn't have a tv tuner built it, you can buy a seperate one as well to watch tele on your screen :D These things are great when you're stuck in traffic ^^

big bum and i disagree on this but there are cheapa$$ made in china ones on ebay that won't break the bank. then with the remainder of the 5k budget, buy an o2 mini pda phone (abou 1k) and a bluetooth gps receiver (200) and go download the maps. (free thanks to ur piracy) there we go, all done....