Corolla sportivo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, since you are considering the TypeS i guess you have the dosh to spend so why not the TypeS? Who would give it up for the Stivo if we have the money to spend on it? Also depends what you want to use the car for man. If you want a sporty but spacious 4 door hatch that drives like a "Corolla" untill you push its limits, get the Stivo. If you want a very capable sporty coupe with the DC2 Integra TypeR's blood and legendary status, get the TypeS. It might not be a TypeR but it is still a bloody great car in many aspects.

A few points to add though,

1) Stivo is cheaper, hence more money for mods.

2) Cheaper insurance for "Corolla"

3) Straight line speed damn close, (in the vid TypeS has 1 additional passenger and "muffler" mod), but in the bends TypeS wins hands down.

4) The newer DC5 integra's suspension is difficult to tune. Many famous tuners including SPOON have difficulty, and recommend the stock ride height when tuning its suspension, has something to do with the DC5's suspension structure.

IMO if i have dosh i will obviously get TypeS but the Stivo is hard to beat in terms of BFYB but again its very subjective, what is "Bang" to you will be different to me? The TypeS is still a great alternative to the legendary DC2 Integra TypeR though ;)

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I prefer Sportivo (obviouly, I bought one) but I do believe that bothe the Type R and Type S have a nice aggressive stance...

BTW: KT - I like the avatar mate :)

Just went on a Honda cruise tonight, was in my friend's DC5R. A very nice sports car indeed :)

But the Sportivo is just as cool, performance won't let you down i reckon. Won't be much of a problem to get a decent suspension setup going on the Corolla.

Go for the type S, access to part is easy, and cheaper than sportivos, i got a set of d2 coilovers for 1k, u can get teins for that price for the RSX.

Quality wise, the type S ****s al over the Sportivo, and handling wise goes to the type S, hard to get it to understeer, wheels dont lite up like sportivos on corners and is very well tuned...

However, id still take my sportivo over the type S coz my beast beat it ;) Ill see how the coilovers n semis go againt ths S sometime soon

I bought the stivo solely on the fact it is the ONLY car in it's class with 5 doors... all others are 3 door, I tested a whole heap of cars when I bought too and the Type S, Citroen Xsara and Stivo were the only ones I would buy of the lot... though the Xsara is now superseeded by the C4 which is also an awesome machine...