Camry Sportivo Sports Muffler

Terry

after i dont know how long of contemplating to get a Sportivo Muffler, i finally got one :D

had it installed today.

i just want to thank 'Buddha' on here, for telling me about the place i got the muffler for such a great price :)

anyway, it isnt very loud, its noticable, but not outrageously loud :lol:

between 1000-2000rpm you dont hear anything, after 2000rpm is where you start to hear some noise, but it isnt too bad ;)

this is the best sound clip i could make...with the limited capability of my digital camera :lol:

http://www.geocities.com/terrynham/sportivomuffler.mov

PB190001e.jpg

PB190003e.jpg

after i dont know how long of contemplating to get a Sportivo Muffler, i finally got one :D

had it installed today.

i just want to thank 'Buddha' on here, for telling me about the place i got the muffler for such a great price :)

between 1000-2000rpm you dont hear anything, after 2000rpm is where you start to hear some noise, but it isnt too bad ;)

this is the best sound clip i could make...with the limited capability of my digital camera :lol:

PB190001e.jpg

PB190003e.jpg

Hey, could you pls tell me how much and where did you buy it??

i want to buy one but it costs too much in toyota!!!! :o

Do you notice that you loose power (as in get-up-n-go) in the bottom end with the sportivo muffler?

As you know, I have been critical about the 4-cyl version and this is an option...

^

to be honest, i dont know :huh:

i took it out for a bit of a wizz tonight, and it felt about the same as before :P

well thats for a V6, i wouldnt know about the 4cyl...

ive noticed that around the 2500-3000rpm mark it is the loudest, which in a way is a little annoying since thats my usual acceleration speed :rolleyes:

its a kinda loud humming noise when inside, but it isnt a fully overpowering sound :P

at crusing speeds (<2000rpm) its pretty quiet.

overall im fairly pleased with the muffler B)

Edited by Terry

with that muffler when you're doing a cruise it should make the same noise as the stock muffler. unless you go hard, and yeah as you said before the sound is between 2,000-3,000RPM. trust me you'll get use to it :D

after a week or two the sound will go down abit. :P

Hi Terry

Muffler sounds great I also have a V6 and r like you continplating on whether to go for the sportivo exhaust from toyota or goto a exhaust place mmmm.....decisions, decisions  :lol:

yeah it is a tough decision...

especially if you as paranoid about it being loud as i am :lol:

ive was thinking about it for months, and finally got around to getting it :P

if you want a muffler, but dont want something super loud, however it still noticable that you have an aftermarket muffler installed, i reckon the Sportivo Muffler is very good choice :)

its probably one of the quietiest 'Sports' Mufflers out there im guessing...

if you want one, better hurry up, only 20 left in all of Australia according to what my local dealership has told me :lol:

they arent making them anymore apparently.

Hi Terry

Muffler sounds great I also have a V6 and r like you continplating on whether to go for the sportivo exhaust from toyota or goto a exhaust place mmmm.....decisions, decisions  :lol:

yeah it is a tough decision...

especially if you as paranoid about it being loud as i am :lol:

ive was thinking about it for months, and finally got around to getting it :P

if you want a muffler, but dont want something super loud, however it still noticable that you have an aftermarket muffler installed, i reckon the Sportivo Muffler is very good choice :)

its probably one of the quietiest 'Sports' Mufflers out there im guessing...

if you want one, better hurry up, only 20 left in all of Australia according to what my local dealership has told me :lol:

they arent making them anymore apparently.

Thanks looks like i'd better make my decision quickly or i might miss out cheers for the info :D

• 3 years later...
Sorry to bring up an old thread...

Does anyone know any dealers that still have these at a HOT price.

Looking at it for my 2005 Camry Sportivo 2.4L.

They are all gone I recently did the search with my dealer. Turned up one in country NSW but when it was delivered turned out to be a standard muffler in the

sports muffler box

Yup I bought one of the last ones as well. But pretty sure they are all gone. I'll ask my parts contact on monday when I call him up about my order for new bits.

as everyone has said, theyre all gone. a guy i work with used to work with toyota, i asked him a little while ago if he could pull some strings with some contacts he knows, but nothing came up in the dealer network. same thing goes for the accessory sports grill toyota were offering as well (similar to the auron sports grills)

the only place youll be able to find one is through a private sale if someone gets sick of having it (doubtful), or off a wreck.

Thanks for the update guys...

I had a quick look under my Sportivo and found that the Part Number was the following combination;

TOYOTA

10H06

Walker

Now I assume that these OEM fit mufflers (Sportivo) were made locally by Lukey/Walker Mufflers.

I wonder if they also made the Sportivo Sports Muffler?

Can someone check what the digits / stamp is under there muffler.

Then maybe we could contact Lukey/Walker direct and see if they have similar / excess stock of this muffler!

Worth a try at least...

Glenn

ive got 10A13 on mine, that's a standard v6 sportivo muffler. if you have the 4 banger sportivo, then youve just got the bog standard muffler thats the same as the altise.

ive got 10A13 on mine, that's a standard v6 sportivo muffler. if you have the 4 banger sportivo, then youve just got the bog standard muffler thats the same as the altise.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes mine is a 2.4L 4cyl.

Intersting to note the different part number for the V6.

Does yours also state "WALKER" on the bottom?

I spoke to Toyota Parts yesterday and they where ademit that the Sportivos have different mufflers than that of the lesser models.

And according to the original sales brochure it clearly states both 4cyl and 6cyl have a sports muffler.

Maybe a call to Toyota Head Office is in order also.

I will contact Walker/Lukey tomorrow, I will post up what I find.

is nice bros, make i ask how to remove the old one, that is already on the camry sportivo ? i try to pull it out is very hard.

Edited by VVT-i

is nice bros, make i ask how to remove the old one, that is already on the camry sportivo ? i try to pull it out is very hard.

there's 2 bolts holding the muffler assembly to the centre pipe. you just need to undo those (relatively tight) and then pop the hook thing out of the rubber holder, which is attached to the underside of the car. youll need to use a fair bit of force, though

had it installed today.

PB190001e.jpg

PB190003e.jpg

Terry,

What is the part number under your muffler? Does it say Walker?

Do you have the Toyota Part Number?

Thanks in advance...

I'll look at my invoice tonight

Thanks Bud.

You have a V6, yeah?!

What did you do with the factory muffler?

I am keen to purchase a muffler from a V6 Altise Sport, Sportivo or Azura.

As these have the factory fitted "Sports Mufflers".

Anyone keen to part with a V6 Muffler?

PM me!

Terry,

What is the part number under your muffler? Does it say Walker?

Do you have the Toyota Part Number?

Thanks in advance...

I took a look underneath the muffler today, and I couldn't see anything written on it at all.

I know there is a small bit of writing right at the back, which I think is the Toyota Part Number.

looking at my receipt from Toyota, the part number is: PZQ1933020