Kanmuri79's Atara-S

Kanmuri79

:nopity: I'm in mourning... Heed the warning, if you don't have an Atara SX rear the XSP rear diffuser will not fit. Now a mate will get it unless someone wants it for $1000. Cost over $800 AUD before shipping. Now all i get is a new front lip. So sad. Wahhhh.

Shame :( No chance of making it fit with some custom work? or not worth the effort and dollars?

Shame :( No chance of making it fit with some custom work? or not worth the effort and dollars?
Yeah I thought about the custom work but decided against it as it would have possibly not worked out anyway. Its ok... ive moved on and shes goin to a good home hehe. Really lovin the front lip... I also nightshaded my new tail lights but I dunno if that was the best idea... a bit too dark during the day.

Unlucky man would of looked s3x.. should of left the tails the way they were. but its done now so enjoy them till you get pulled over for them :P

Haha yeah... during the day without lookin at the crappy light output they look amazing with the rest of the car. Wonderin if I should just take it off now or run with it til I cop a fine... niteshades definitely not transparent.

haha you'll cop a defect and you'll have to take the aftermarket tail lights off and put the stock ones back on, so no fine. Unless they demand a RWC and/or you pay someone to take off the lights for you.
Cops these days will defect you for anything. I know so many people who get dicked for stupid stuff like; no fluid in the window washer, electronic windows not working, wrong tyre pressure etc etc the list goes on and on. Anything for revenue raising these days

Hopefully no defect notices just yet, still deciding what to do but i'm really into the black tail lights, i may try to sand em down a bit more and buff em out and repeat. We'll see.

Here's some photo updates of what the lights look like in full afternoon sun:

IMG_20140922_WA0003.jpg

IMG_20140922_WA0004.jpg

IMG_20140922_WA0012.jpg

And then there's the XSP kit, the front lip which i've got:

IMG_20140922_WA0015.jpg

And the rear diffuser that has gone to the bro-in-law:

IMG_20140922_WA0018.jpg

• Like 3

imo leave the tail lights as is, niteshades fade overtime anyway

Thanks for the input Jeff, I've heard they fade, any idea how quickly? I painted 3 light coats of niteshades and 3 of clear gloss. The method i used has left me happy with the gloss/buffed, will the fading effect that look or will it become duller as it fades. I used sanding and compound to get the look.

they dont fade that quick, but not slow either, probs about 6 months to a year depending on how often you was your car i guess,

come to think of it, mine needs retouching, as its not completely red, nor not completely black either

• Like 1

Looks awesome man. The diffuser looks good aswell. Can't wait to get the whole shabang so i can install it lol. Btw, did your bro in-law paint the diffuser or get it wrapped?

• Like 1

Yeah, waitin for those pieces was drivin me crazy too... soon enough man.

That picture is unpainted as received from the US, you can see the gloss paint on the grill though. Definitely looks alright as is but paint wouldnt hurt either.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty quiet these days... lots of ideas but not much cash to spare. I de-monobrowed my Camry today, almost had the car 2 1/2 years, so at this point I'd just prefer looks over protecting the bonnet. Also no pics of new wheels on until now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg