A challenge has been issued ...

I work with a guy who has just bought a Mazda Protege SP20 and he's joined the OzMazda club, plus there is a guy that works in our company who has an Astina SP20 which apparently is the quickest vehicle of its type down the 1/4 in the world ... anyhow, after a bit of light-hearted banter, it was suggested that we get together with the OzMazda boys (323's & 3's only) at a drag night at Willowbank to see which group has the fastest cars down the quarter.

The fella I work with is putting the feelers out on OzMazda as well ... there's been nothing planned as yet, just looking to see if there's any interest in organising something.

Let me know what you think.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too like this idea......

and do they mind if i use LIFT??? :P

Shouldn't you be asking if they mind if you DON'T use lift....and still beat them :P

well well well, the mazdabators are at it again. :blink: Do previous events results not get read properly?? :o

but being the kind hearted gentlemen that I am I am always willing to help educate the uneducated. B)

Sorry, guys, didn't realise that this has been done before ... speaking to my work mate, he gave me a link to their site where guys are basically reiterating what you're all saying, basically that in Melbourne the Sportivos were top dog, but the Mazdas had it over the regular Rollas.

The idea of this was fun, though, try and encourage some interaction with other clubs/forums ... one idea bandied about was that we all run (stock 1.8's through to modded Sportivos/SP23's) and get a "team" result by aggregate, just some friendly competition.

The hot SP20 I mentioned was clocked at 14.86 @ 92mph at the Jamboree, which is remarkably similar to Craig's best, hence my interest! :-)

Edited by Buddha

Sorry, guys, didn't realise that this has been done before ... speaking to my work mate, he gave me a link to their site where guys are basically reiterating what you're all saying, basically that in Melbourne the Sportivos were top dog, but the Mazdas had it over the regular Rollas.

The idea of this was fun, though, try and encourage some interaction with other clubs/forums ... one idea bandied about was that we all run (stock 1.8's through to modded Sportivos/SP23's) and get a "team" result by aggregate, just some friendly competition.

Rolla Racer can beat SP23's with his stock Ascent sedan so it's not just the Sportivo's that have it all over them. ;)

But it still sounds like fun tho!!!!!

If I can get the Buddhamobile in the mix somewhere (i.e. not stone motherless last) I'd be happy! But then, I'm easy pleased!

Stranger things have happened Buddha..... remember winning a trophy at the TCCQ show/shine??????

If I can get the Buddhamobile in the mix somewhere (i.e. not stone motherless last) I'd be happy! But then, I'm easy pleased!

Stranger things have happened Buddha..... remember winning a trophy at the TCCQ show/shine??????

Please don't burst that bubble ... I NEED THAT BUBBLE!!! :blink:

Yeah i mean iv had SP 20's give me a go havent had one beat me yet! as for the sp23 raced two so far and we stuck together! I was ahead by half a car length but thats cos my pull away was better!

I just think they are heavy! for a 2.3 with 115kw not impressive at all!

I'd just like to reiterate that this "challenge" was just something we thought would be fun to do, its not about proving anything, just a bit of fun competition, so please don't take it all too seriously. :)

Sounds interesting...hehe.. :P ..

I wouldn't mind tagging along to watch the show...but since i'm driving an auto..I'll prob won't be of much help...so i'll just tag along to watch the mazda get their butt kicked....muhaha :D

I wouldn't mind tagging along to watch the show...but since i'm driving an auto..I'll prob won't be of much help...so i'll just tag along to watch the mazda get their butt kicked....muhaha :D

Don't worry about that, our wagon is an auto and it'll be having a run, so the more the merrier.

Its definitely going to happen, we'll have some details in the next week or thereabouts ... basically what we thought is that we'd go along to one of the existing road car drag events, and then just aggregate times for a result. The main point of the exercise is to have a go and see what your beast can do (and have a laugh if it can't do much)!

I bags the low 17's! :P

Edited by Buddha

so is it still a go or not?

im keen to go there

id be more interested in lining up northy than anyone else :D

He now has some sort of grip so I guess it's a case of just how much he beats you by ;)

Then again Danthuyer you can always try your luck against me B)

so is it still a go or not?

im keen to go there

id be more interested in lining up northy than anyone else :D

He now has some sort of grip so I guess it's a case of just how much he beats you by ;)

Then again Danthuyer you can always try your luck against me B)

as long as corey beats me convincingly then all is good.

you on the other hand? heheheh i enjoy dragging anyone..... ....no matter what car its all fun

Hell i have given it a go against 11, 12 sec turbos at willowbank...and been left in clouds of smoke...but its all fun and even better when you put down a good time or even better a GOOD LAUNCH!!

Hey dont be like that bro!!!!!! Mine's a auto too!!!!! And i have given a few mazdas a little run they aint all that their owners make out to be!!!LOL :lol: And besides u just may come up against a driver who misses/ stuffs-up his/her gear changes!!! :D The key is "JUST POINT AND SHOOT"!!!!!hehehehe :lol::lol:

*Oh P.S........"REV AND DUMP" nothing wrong with the good old neutral bash!!!!!!! :D :lol: :P