Engine Swap

riz

How's it goin ? I'm planning to get my engine swap done soon (like mid Feb.) and intend to get a 3SGTE Fwd engine, complete with gearbox, wiring etc (whatever other little bits I need with it). So I was hoping that some of the experts here could suggest where to source one from and how much should I be looking to spend ? (rough idea ? :ph34r: ) also if you could point me in the direction of a good workshop? or someone who's done such conversions (transplanting it into me 97 Ae-101) and "knows" the details..

Thanks for the help! :)

PEace B)

Will that fit? :huh:

yer ive seen people with the 3sgte engine in their rolla

I think you can get the cut from about 1.5k then get it fitted.

Let me have a think of where I have seen them for sale. Otherwise pick up some of the car magazines and flick through .. sometimes you see adverts from companies which sell the engines.

Will that fit? :huh:

yer ive seen people with the 3sgte engine in their rolla

I think you can get the cut from about 1.5k then get it fitted.

Let me have a think of where I have seen them for sale. Otherwise pick up some of the car magazines and flick through .. sometimes you see adverts from companies which sell the engines.

This sounds like a thread for ROLLAMODS! (and an excuse to bump my thread count!)

1st up, budget $10-14K for the conversion if you can't DIY along iwth all the welding and fabrication.

Crossley Street and Race Engineering have done a good job in the past with a 3SGTE into AE92 conversion.

a GOOD 3sgte frontcut with all the bits you need is a crapload more expensive than $1.5K.

expect to pay at least $3K for a decent cut, I checked out a Group A gen4 cut for a guy in sydney to purchase, it was perfect, and cost $6K.

You're probably best off getting a GT4 cut, sell the 4wd box, purchase a good SW20 LSD MR2 turbo box and a dead 4agze gearbox, swap the shift linkages from the GZE box to the MR2 box, Crossley's know what driveshaft combo works, then custom everything else...

It's always cheaper to purchase a car with the work already done, but I'm not sure how many 3sgte AE101's are going around Brisbane, there's quite a few 3sgte AE92's in Bris though.