Question on twin loop mufflers

I called a muffler place down here and he said that the best that he could do was $210. He also said that the S10 would not fit the Stivo, i said that he was wrong and that there had been people that had done the install. If i take the stock muffler off and put an S10 will it fit???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

The twinloop is a quiet muffler, I have it myself but I do think it is restrictive.

I use to run a magnaflow muffler but it was a little on the noisy side. The magnaflow was more free flowing especially in the higher rpms, whereas with the twinloop the car feels like its is strugging in the higher rpms.

I run a 2.5 inch system and i believe the problem is in the secondary loop, the twinloop has a 2.5inch inlet but I was told that the secondary loop actually decreases in size to a 2.25inch pipe.

Having tried these two mufflers, I will say the magnaflow is the better, as the car feels alot more lively and willing in the high rpms.

• 5 weeks later...
oh so he did jack the price a bit :P

Back those days, he sell em for $180. I bought 3 for my friends, and got it for $170 ea.

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead. But will these mufflers work on a Matrix/Vibe ?

Well it has been done a High flow quite 2.5 exhaust. I will try to get pictures up soon. Its a work of freaking art. Its the High flow cat in to a Magnaflow resonator into a Magnaflow same side muffler that 90's into a Dynomax super turbo muffler.