Toyota Aurion Rear Fog Lamps/Lights

Hey guys/girls,

As most off you don't know, the Aurion has a spot for Rear Fog Lamps. In Thialand the "Camry Hybrid" has these as standard so I thought (being me and doing thing as factory as possible) I'd go through Toyota, order the parts and put them in. I was told from Toyota they didn't know they had them and can't order the parts from Thailand. So I kinda gave up for a while, then when browsing through EBay, I found a set of sockets that should fit, so it started, my quest to retro fit the Rear Fog Lamps to my Aurion.

I'm pleased to anownce it's almost done, just waiting for a couple parts and it will be done.

So the first part is to locate the wiring to connect to.

NOW PLEASE NOTE, MOST OF THE AURION WIRING IS BACKWARDS TO "the nom" INSTEAD OF SWITCHING THE POSITIVE YOU SWITHC THE NEGATIVE.

That said I didn't do to bad.

It's not connected legally. To be legal, the rear fog lamps should only be able to come on after the front fog is on and must turn off when the front fog turns off and must be switched back on manually after being turned off. So for example if you have turn your headlight on and front fog comes on with them, the rear fog must not unless you push a button, they must not come on with out you pressing the button.

Found out if fog lamps come on after the Parkers its legal. Miss read vehicle standards.

So I connected them to the front fog relay, so it will come on if the Parkersburg come and and will be able to be turned on without the front fog. THIS IS NOT LEGAL, however was done by accident and I'll fix it later.

The next is to wire it to the switch and relay.

I got a switch off eBay from air on board, the will custom make a switch to your needs, great guys there, I used them for the switch on the compressor and light bar aswell.

22mm hole saw is almost perfect

Then cut a hole in the fog lamp, note there is two layers to cut. Be carefull not to go all the way through, it's only plastic so just go slow and gentle.

There is a outline on the light already so just follow it.

I will post some photos when I'm finished so ever one can see.

Edited by 07Prodigy
  • Like 1

Haha sorry Trent, I don't know what went wrong, they are the right way up there in my phone...

Yeah they would look better on the series 2 tail lights, the hybrid tail lights look even better.

Edited by 07Prodigy

Haha sorry Trent, I don't know what went wrong, they are the right way up there in my phone...

Yeah they would look better on the series 2 tail lights, the hybrid tail lights look even better.

Te pictures on my ipad are upside down too.

Ok so finished the installation yesterday just didn't get a chance to post it up.

I don't know how to post pics with my phone on this app.

Never mind I figured it out.

post-29357-0-60835800-1433041278_thumb.j

post-29357-0-37264100-1433041312_thumb.j

post-29357-0-07237600-1433041336_thumb.j

post-29357-0-28827400-1433041358_thumb.j

post-29357-0-93670600-1433041410_thumb.j

post-29357-0-62696400-1433041433_thumb.j

post-29357-0-52889200-1433041453_thumb.j

New fog socket vvvvvvvvv the small one is reverse lights

post-29357-0-87047500-1433041474_thumb.j

post-29357-0-37361600-1433041503_thumb.j

Edited by 07Prodigy
  • Like 1

Nice idea. I had one of my bootlid lights out in the weekend and also noticed the blank spot where a bulb could go and thought it would be pretty cool to put some additional LEDs in there etc, so it's nice to see someone actually put them to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah love them, great idea.

I did notice there is room for led in there.

If I can get my hands on some spare ones I'll see if I can get them apart and fit some more leds