10k service

Picked up my car last night after my 10K service at Neal Bates Automotive. They have a wicked big workshop with about 10 different rally and track cars scattered throughout the shop. Both Rick and Neal were there and when I walked in Rick was talking to the mechanic who was looking after my car and they were discussing the Sportivo.

Rick said he prepared Leanne Ferriers Sportivo for the GTP championship which she is now winning on points and he said that all you really need to do to the car to get some serious performance was to Unichip it. I told him a bit about this forum and other successes that people had had with the chip and he thought that the combination of the headers and chip would be "bloody fantastic".

Rick had originally put a MoTec chip in Leanne's car with very average results but they are more than happy with the Unichip.

But I guess everyone here already knows all this anyway.

Neal Bates Automotive will soon be carrying TTE parts, I asked when and the answer i was given is "we are just waiting". They could'nt give me a date.

BTW, the service cost me $124 and I have now to take the car to Toyota as a thrust bearing has gone in my clutch. It makes and aweful squeek.

i had to that squeek, too. toyota put a new clutch in there for me. apparently it was some finger point something in there that was too sharp and it was also causing a light clutch drag. i also told them about the sticky gear changes and they lubed something in there now 1-2 is 90% smoother although it still stuck once or twice on me.

sorry about being vague on things but if u want specifics i could ring them up and ask

hope that helped :P

That did help Shaohaok, I just assumed it was a thrust bearing as I have heard this is a pretty common problem with older corolla's. I asked the mechanic for his opinion and he agreed but did not really investigate, only listened to the noise.

I am going to take it back to Toyota and if I can get a new clutch out of it that would be great.

No problems with sticky gearbox though.

if u find the clutch pivot point in the bay, and put ya finger on it, the squeek goes away. also if u step on the clutch pedal, it goes away. and the clutch pedal is a bit heavier and vibrates a bit, too

oh and btw, lubrication doesn't help. danthuyer sprayed a bit of grease in it. and it came back after a couple of days. and i did it again and it came back a couple of hours! then toyota tried to be smart and lubed that, too. i went back in less than a week. :P

sorry about the post-whoring,too :P :P :D

Spot on, the squeek is quite loud now, I can hear it as I slow down for lights until I depress the clutch. It would be great to get a new clutch out of it after thrashing around the track on Friday. I am booked in for Tuesday, I will lube it this afternoon so I can tell Toyota on Tuesday that I have already tried it so they don't take the easy option.

Toohey,

Thx for the insight on the Ric Bates prepared rolla :D .

I actually watched the race where the rolla won on SBS last Saturday.

The change of chip from MoTec to Unichip would explain why in the 1st round it was really slow to this round winning one and 2nd in the other race...

I better start saving for my go fast bits <_<

The second race was great, watching the Rolla fight it out till the end.

I would love to get the car chipped, but with planned travels and still paying the car off it is hard to justify the +2K for the chip and tuning.

I probably sound like a tight a#@* but has anyone ever heard of the chips being sold second hand?

No one on here wants to offload theirs do they? :P

Sorry, you didn't quote me wrong, I wasn't 100% sure of the price, but still getting pretty damn close to $2k with tuning.

I have just been doing some looking around and have found a few second hand chips for about $500, but none suitable for the Stivo. Most are for WRX, Skylines and V8's. But it is good to know that they are out there second hand.

Sorry, you didn't quote me wrong, I wasn't 100% sure of the price, but still getting pretty damn close to $2k with tuning.

I have just been doing some looking around and have found a few second hand chips for about $500, but none suitable for the Stivo. Most are for WRX, Skylines and V8's. But it is good to know that they are out there second hand.

From what i know, i was quoted $1200 for fit and dynotune on another car about 2 years ago by Croydon Autosports in Sydney ;) . But i guess it should still be around that price so if you get quoted more than $1300 i wouldn't let the guy do it.

yep dats about rite. if ur a good enough barginer or if the guy needs the job u might be able to go a bit lower but 1200 is bout average

• 2 weeks later...

I get a squeak on my clutch occasionally, but it's just in the pedal spring.. hardly anything to panic about. I put some WD40 on it and it went away.. also gave my car that worked-on smell :)

- Matthew