New Member, New Toyota, Woot Woot.

Electricity

Hello,

Never thought I would put 'woot woot' next to a Toyota, funny how the Camry Hybrid changes your way of thinking about motoring. A motor head with a past in owning only Aussie big sixes, it has been a pleasure.

A bit about my beige mobile, purchased a Toyota Camry Hybrid HL 2012 a few months ago and have been quite impressed with it's performance.

To be honest, I purchased it with the 'usual' skeptism and an 'accountant' think from the head reason, low cost of ownership, reliability, etc. Fully knowing the usual tags Camrys get, 'boring, beige, white goods'. I test drove Mazda 6, Honda Accord and (gasp) Peugeot 508's and all felt dull and boring and in Mazda's case, unrefined and loud. (Good looker in wagon form though)

After owning it for 3 months, I really think it's a gem of a car. Everytime I hear any car start up and shudder in the parking lot, I have a giddy smile, everytime I hear diesel clatter in small hatchbacks....I smile.

It may be beige, in my case diamond white, I still think most folks that bag Camry's (especially the Hybrid's) have little to no experience driving it daily. I really like the, sit and glide away motoring.

Hope to learn a bit more about the car here.

Thanks.