Runx RSI vs GolfV GTI

Greek

Has anyone on this forum raced against the G5.

Have a run lined up for this Saturday with my stock XRSI..Any tips in taking off mates?

Edited by Greek

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well the GTI 4 has 132kw! with more torque than the RSI aka sportivo. You have to get him on launch and shift in your torque range and you should nail him! the GTI is heavy too! Remember the RSIs power comes in from 5500 to red line! and GTI low end torque&power!

well the GTI 4 has 132kw! with more torque than the RSI aka sportivo. You have to get him on launch and shift in your torque range and you should nail him! the GTI is heavy too! Remember the RSIs power comes in from 5500 to red line! and GTI low end torque&power!

Look like its goning to be fun race mate lol... will see what happens...

if he beats me about a car lenght at the end of the quarter, I will be more than happy mate...

2l turbo against a na 1800 and the gap not too big will be an inbarassment for the G5 mate....

will tell one of my mates to record it on camera and have it uploaded here..

if he beats me about a car lenght at the end of the quarter, I will be more than happy mate...

2l turbo against a na 1800 and the gap not too big will be an inbarassment for the G5 mate....

i hope u're not racing a DSG one...

i hope u're not racing a DSG one...

Manual mate, wont take a dsg on as it will crusify the X on take off due to the vehicles launch feature..

Edited by Greek

sorry you are talking about the golf 5!

i thought the golf 4

yeah golf 5 150kw and torque over 220! will be tough!

GOLF V 147kw against XRSI 141kw.... might be able to hold him hey.

Removing the catelitic converter from the exhaust this afternoon so that will allow for better air flow.

yeah ok

You guys are making such a big deal of the GTI. Think about this, it weight near as 1400kgs. Where sportivo is just over 1200. It only has 6 more kw's and the advantage of it is the awd. It's normal for the GTI to have torque way below the revs. Theres vtec controllers for all honda vtec engines and that's the kind of electric unit that sportivo owners need to add on their tuning list. Just like those vtec controllers, theirs ones for vvtl-i engines. Which brings down the torque entry level to a much lower rpm level. (Just like GTI). As long as sportivo hit's the torque at around 2000rpm towards 2500, gti has no chance. :) It's only one touch up modification, but it's something toyota has left us to do.

yeah ok

You guys are making such a big deal of the GTI. Think about this, it weight near as 1400kgs. Where sportivo is just over 1200. It only has 6 more kw's and the advantage of it is the awd. It's normal for the GTI to have torque way below the revs. Theres vtec controllers for all honda vtec engines and that's the kind of electric unit that sportivo owners need to add on their tuning list. Just like those vtec controllers, theirs ones for vvtl-i engines. Which brings down the torque entry level to a much lower rpm level. (Just like GTI). As long as sportivo hit's the torque at around 2000rpm towards 2500, gti has no chance. :) It's only one touch up modification, but it's something toyota has left us to do.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

golf 5 is front wheel

oops.. :P

Ohh ****t lol i mixed up gti with r32 golf. They are both fwd. Like i said, its not a big deal to make of. gti only has more torque and gets in action in a more earlier rev range. With that vvtl-i controller, bye bye to gti with extra 200kg fat.

golf 5 is front wheel

oops.. :P

Ohh ****t lol i mixed up gti with r32 golf. They are both fwd. Like i said, its not a big deal to make of. gti only has more torque and gets in action in a more earlier rev range. With that vvtl-i controller, bye bye to gti with extra 200kg fat.

A VVTL-i controller only allows you to make a minor adjustment to when lift kicks in ... from the anecdotal evidence I've heard, maybe 5,500 is as low as it'll go. Even then, you make little or no difference to available torque, so the GTI still has the advantage there.

Besides, if you're going to spend that much just to drop your lift revs that little bit, think about what the same dollars can do to the turbo in the GTI! :P

yeah ok

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:huh::wacko::lol: :lol:

sportivo VS golf 5 GTI 1/4 mile race the GTI will win hands down!

yes on paper but its all depends on driver! I raced one before n able to keep up with him until end of 2nd gear where we both backed off! Just need a good take off!

Edited by DrVY