Navigation maps out of date

JohnLynn

I am lucky to have a brand new Prado GXL, never owned a Toyota before and first impressions favourable with one noteable exception.

As I sat in the new vehicle at the dealers being instructed by the salesman on how the controls worked, I decided to put my home address in the navigation system.

This drew a blank as half of the estate where I have lived for over two years does not exist.

Further examination shows the maps date from 2013. The salesman claims that "all new Toyotas are the same and these are the most up to date maps"

The system runs iGO on a micro SD card which can neither be changed or updated as it is locked to the head unit somehow.

I happen to own a tablet with exactly the same iGO software as used in the vehicle, this has 2015 Q3 maps.

My attempts to get an answer from Toyota have been unsuccessful so far, this is just not good enough and I wonder how many other customers are in the same position.

Could anyone please supply good contact details for Toyota to try to get this issue solved please?

Well I would be prepared to do just that, would an after market unit give access to the O/S so that I could install whatever navigation software I wanted? What make would you suggest?