single din HU adapter

blue_rolla

i just came across this on eBay... it says its a part to fit a single DIN head unit in a 2003+ corolla... as far as i know the US corollas have the same interior as us, and it looks like it would fit...

its $9 + $25 shipping to AUS... looks like a good buy... i was rorted by my dealer for the HU bits - $80 in total for the spacers and a pocket...

can someone shed some light on whether this is a great buy, or it wouldnt fit...

EDIT: (helps to add a link: SINGLE DIN ADAPTER LINK!

cheers fellas,

Tom

Edited by blue_rolla

oh wow yeah you're right... i thought the only thing available in aus was the toyota parts, which are cheapo bits of plastic that they charge too much for...

thats interesting to know, i might see what these bits are like..

thanks buddha B)

I've checked Aerpro so many times before and never saw that. It doesnt come up when you search for toyota corolla you have to browse around :angry:

Good find though! I'll definately be getting this ordered in for me!

If anyone else has got this, what price could i be looking at?

• 2 months later...

I got the aerpro. I dont recommend it. After a lot of work from Mr Dremel we managed to make it fit and then it interfered with my deck so I couldnt use it anyway.

Dont buy it.

Peter Warren Toyota - Warwick Farm.

Spacers $7.50 each

Single DIN pocket $17? Can't remember the exact price..

I certainly didn't get it for more than $20.

but the factory item is so ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

i just got my single din pocket.. fits perfect no hassles at all... strong and cheap... 20bucks.. fills in the gaps on the egdes as the width is slightly wider than 2 din. i'll take a foto soon of the deck

looks factory... blends in with the other plastic crap

Edited by DuGong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got the aerpro. I dont recommend it. After a lot of work from Mr Dremel we managed to make it fit and then it interfered with my deck so I couldnt use it anyway.

Dont buy it.

Hi iniff, what was the part number on the HU mounting kit?

The one linked to above is FP998204 where as when I do a search for a 2002 to 2004 corolla, it says to get FP998101.

Anyone know of any other good Single DIN HU mounting kits?

Dont buy it.

Hi iniff, what was the part number on the HU mounting kit?

The one linked to above is FP998204 where as when I do a search for a 2002 to 2004 corolla, it says to get FP998101.

Anyone know of any other good Single DIN HU mounting kits?

Have a look here.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...=4567&st=25

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic

but hey its better than starting a new thread! :D

So I went Straithfield car radios in Liverpool...thinking they have obviously sold single dins for the corollas oh boy was I wrong

ended up with does

Hey guys for the HU spacer try something like this from eBay. This kit will fit perfectly. also u can get an extra pocket inbuilt.

de_1.JPG

ac_1.JPG

Which physically does not fit. Looks like the American Radios must be larger.

So that was money down the drain...Where did everyone get there single din from? I pretty much have all the plugs and the stereo just need a single din that fits.

Thanks for your help!

Oh if it helps its an 03 Ascent.

• 2 weeks later...

its easy... if any of your local car audio shops know ANYTHING, all you need is a dna WHP702. its a single din pocket with mounting wings, use your standard brackets off ur factory player and it all lines up. i use these things in lancruisers, prados, corollas, yaris's etc everyday. they should not pay anymore then $18 for them. although i have seen them at autobarn for $40 but thats autobarn for ya. here's the ling to dna audio website. geez doesnt anyone use google anymore????? http://www.dnaaudio.com.au/blowout_pages.html/whp702.html