Y-Pipe upgrade?

TrentTRD320

Evening guys...

Just wondering if this Y-Pipe on Miss320 is the standard Y-Pipe or if it has been upgraded? I had her up on a hoist earlier today and it looks different to my mates Y-Pipe on his TRD.

Sorry that the photos aren't that great.

Cheers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow ok, would you happen to have a photo of what the standard pipe looks like? I've heard that the factory pipe is quite restrictive and that people usually upgrade them to a more free flowing system. When I bought the car 12 months ago the previous owner obviously didn't mention to me that he'd changed the pipe.

So judging by that photo, my car's got a non restrictive, much freer flowing Y-pipe set up. Definitely a good thing I suppose..? That pipe in the photo looks like it's being squeezed to hell and back!

After taking a ride in my mates TRD, the exhaust note of mine sounds noticeably different. I'm also running a K&N SRI so when you accelerate gradually you get a deeper, richer note which blends into the whine coming from the supercharger. I'll try and post a couple of videos tomorrow to give you an example Mr GDude.