Flow rate of injectors???

"RuNx"

I have done a search on the forum already with absolutely no luck, I also checked tech notes and the SAE ones on the net and i also called TOYOTA!!!! :blink: Can anyone tell me please what is "The is the flow rate of the standard injectors of a 1ZZ-fe"???????

2) Is the fuel system on the 1ZZ-fe a "Return style" or other?????

Thanks for your help guys!!! :)

From all the different sources i have found the injectors average out to around the following

1zz's flow about 260cc/min

2zz's flow about 310-320cc/min

I just received my new injectors today :D They're rated at 370cc, but flow tested at 360cc at 2.55Bar, 400cc at 3.05Bar and 440cc at 3.55Bar

And according to toyota the 1ZZ runs between 43-50 psi fuel pressure which equals 3-3.4 bar So I figure they will flow about 410-420 on a std fuel system, but since i am going to be running a return stlye system we sill be able to set the fuel pressure to what ever we want with the FPR

Rollamods does this mean that i wont have to use a fuel reg, pump???? :huh: or would it be better to go with it still???

MAP81 what brand injectors did u go for????

Basically you have 2 options...

1. Keep your returnless fuel sys and drop in some bigger injectors, and hope you fuel management device can handle the adjustments, or buy a digital FMU and have that do the adjustments for the change in pressure when u hit boost.

or

2. Convert to a return style fuel system, this will require either a custom made fuel rail or modifying the std rail for a return fitting, a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (i am using a sard one), a return line to your fuel tank, modifying your fuel pump housing to accomodate the larger fuel pump (i'm using a walbro) and the return line, all the other little hoses and bits and peices needed to connect it all up, and new injectors (i am using injectors from a vvti 1jzgte), And of course some sort of ecu/piggyback capable of handeling the changes in the fuel sys ( emanage all the way :P ) This will provide a much more reliable, safer and all around BETTER system for keeping the correct amount of fuel going to your engine

but then of course you can run on just the std fuel system, a few of the GUYS in the US do but i think that is rather dodgey and not very safe, some of them have just dropped 2zz injectors in as they are a straight swap and will give that bit of extra fuel over the std 1zz ones, but once you start winding the boost up you will max them out pretty soon

Edited by MAP81

• 3 months later...

hmmm

a few questions

what does those injectors actually do??

which one does the 1ZZ use??

are they an expensive mod (worth it?).... went searching.. they are like $4xx...

but i assume.. the installing might cost a lot...

hmmm

a few questions

what does those injectors actually do??

which one does the 1ZZ use??

are they an expensive mod (worth it?).... went searching.. they are like $4xx...

but i assume.. the installing might cost a lot...

what the injectors actually do is feed more petrol into the engine .... The reason you would want to do this is if your going to get a turbo or supercharger these need more fuel to be going to the engine to produce more power .... Now assuming ur not going to go forced induction (turbo or supercharger) then unless a tuner has told u that your car is running lean and your injectors are maxed out (i doubt this very much) then there is no need for you to do this modification ....

From all the different sources i have found the injectors average out to around the following

1zz's flow about 260cc/min

2zz's flow about 310-320cc/min

I know nothing about the 1zz, but the 2zz here is what I have found.

From My info collection page

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212048

Stock injectors are 310cc

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212490

Yellow = 310cc, Brown = 330cc