Newbie sportivo question

colmen

Hi All

Just pickup a new sportivo last sat and I've got a couple of question about this car.

I've read a few post about the "recall" as the car was not producing enough power as stated so they do a ecu swap. Do this affect the 05 sportivo as well?

This morning when I drive the car to work, everytime when I change to 3rd, i can feel a "crunch". But if I rev it higher then 4000rpm the crunch seems to gone. Is this normal?

And I also find that its difficult to put it in reverse.

My car only done 180km, should I take this back before my initial 1000ks service or the car should be ok to drive until its due for its service?

Thanks

Col

With your gear shifts, give it another 100km or so to give yourself a chance to get used to the car.

If this persists i'd take it straight back.

Also, a question for you Colmen.

What colour is your Sportivo, and what is the build date?

I'm just curious as to how many Sportivo's are left, they would have to be running out soon.

The recall doesn't affect 05 model.

The gear box will loosen up a little & you will be able to find the gears easier. Reverse just takes a little getting used to, after a while it will feel natural.

If you are still having problems with crunching ask your dealer about it when it is having it first service.

And I also find that its difficult to put it in reverse.

My b-new stivo crunches reverse too. I dont understand why and it always hurts to hear that noise.

EDIT: That is at a complete stop, clutch to the floor, everything.

Edited by iniff

try going into 1st then reverse.

Hmm im really wondering about that build date. I just cancelled my order for sportivo corolla today as i had a discussion with my father earlier yesterday about the aurion sportivo and i'm definately looking forward to that. I'll be driving mum's 2005 sportivo v6 still i get the aurion sportivo. :)

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

Like Northy said

Ive been told at most toyota Manual Gear box's will not crunch if, when you stop, put it in first then put it into reverse. The syncros will line up and it should slot right in.

-Bill

Edited by SyxXPaC

With your gear shifts, give it another 100km or so to give yourself a chance to get used to the car.

I'm just curious as to how many Sportivo's are left, they would have to be running out soon.

My was built on OCT 05 colour 3E5 (red). The car is in melbourne

Um.... still crunching on third unless I give it a bit more rev. Still running my car in so really don't want to rev it that hard

Edited by colmen

there are absolutely no synchros in reverse. When you come to a complete stop, give the gearbox spindle a chance to slow down before you try engaging reverse. Just because the car has stopped and the clutch is depressed doesn't mean the main spindle in the gearbox is not still spinning too fast.

Like Northy said

Ive been told at most toyota Manual Gear box's will not crunch if, when you stop, put it in first then put it into reverse. The syncros will line up and it should slot right in.

-Bill

this man speaks the truth.. :)

always go into first before reverse.. otherwise there is a good chance of Capt Crunch appearing

p.s. Welcome and enjoy your stay

Um.... still crunching on third unless I give it a bit more rev. Still running my car in so really don't want to rev it that hard

Hi and welcome Colemen! Your gear box is tight when its new, give yourself and the car

time to adjust.

Did you purchase your Tivo from Rick Wolany in Werribee?

Kind regards......................

Edited by BlAcK JeT

Hi and welcome Colemen! Your gear box is tight when its new, give yourself and the car

time to adjust.

Thats correct. I just pick it up last sat morning after I trading in my wrx

How did you guess that?

time to adjust.

Thats correct. I just pick it up last sat morning after I trading in my wrx

How did you guess that?

I was thinking of buying it for my misses, but she didn't agree with the colour.

Anyway, congratulations man feel free to look into our gargage you will find

alot of us have spent heaps on mods, maybe you can get ideas of what you might

want to achieve on your ride in the near future once you have ran her in. ;)

Kind regards..................

Edited by BlAcK JeT