adelaide ppl!

where do u guys go to for motorsports?

like wat are the local motorsports facilities?

dragstrip?

skidpan?

circuits?

Everything is out north near Virginia

Adelaide international Raceway has the dragstrip plus a short circuit and a 400 or 800m bullring circuit (I forget what the length is) there is also a skidpan in the middle of the bullring foir training purposes.

The main circuit is at Mallala about 20 mins further north then Virginia which has regular open speed limit 'practice' days as well as regular drift 'practice' days.

Motokanah events have been known to occur at the AAMI driver training centre at West Lakes in front of the Crows (Adelaide Football Club) Shed just by AAMI Stadium from time to time too.

The best people to get in touch with is the Sports Car Club of South Australia.

it's only one line, wat could possibly be wrong

well it's now 4 lines and it's this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

long

EDIT: DAMMIT I can't get it to work!!!! YOU *****!!!! :P

Shao...

What info do you need specifically - I'm a regular attendee at the CAMS (SA) meeting and can find out anything you want to know.

As blue stivo commented our 2 main tracks are AIR and Mallala but there is also the hillclimb at Colinsgrove (Sporting Car Club SA) and MotorKhana's held at the Mitsubishi plant Lonsdale - I believe by the Southern Districts Car Club

Hope that was helpful?

if you want any more - or are coming here for a bit and want to have a cruise - let me know and I'll see what I can organise :)

Cheers...

Ben.

Ben do you know if they ever got around to having any events at the Mitsubishi proving track and Tailem Bend? There was talk about about it at one stage. It would be great to see what speeds can be achieved there!!! :P

• 1 month later...

ahhhh, that's my back yard :P ..... the stivo spent plenty fo it's 1st 10,000 km's on those roads... :)

Wirra Wirra is a nice one, d'Arenberg is also good, Colriole is worth a visit as they have some great olive oils and cheeses to top of the wine tasting :) , Fox Creek is great, Pirramimma is lovely as you still go into the cellar for the cellar door sales, adds some old-world charm to the experience and wines are nice to boot. Hugo is OK, but not fantastic...

I would avoid Tattachilla and Woodstock (though the Stocks Shiraz is good)

I can't think of the others off the top of my head but I know there are many more...