2003 corolla Sportivo rev limit? Is every gear different? Do all Aus models have same RPM limit? cheers

Do you know what the limit is exactly? I've given it a few hits since I bought it. Can't tell if it redlines 7800,8000,8200 seems to change but I'm not sitting there on limit trying to look, I'm looking ahead n pulling next gear, would just love to know if anyone knows exact redline? 

Once the car is at full operating temperature it should be roughly 8200 rpm fuel cut.

Pre face life clusters were slightly off at times making it look like the fuel cut was at 8500 rpm roughly.

RPM limit can vary on a variety of factors though. 

Sweet. Thanks for the replies. I guess ill have to do a bit more testing to find its set limit before taking it to the strip. Cheers lads

Alright , well I finished work early and did some "testing* and Lift kicks in at 6000 and rev limit is 8000. Tryed numerous times. Maybe it has been tuned in its life, not sure. . Also if anyone is reading is slight ticking from engine a regular with a 2zz and 200ks? Its not Injectors pulsing , I can here them but ticking is a little louder than the injectors, ne er really noticed until my "testing" today but the car is new to me, so more noises may be poping up you know. Cheers.

Also does anyone know what this is? Its next to what looks like an alarm box but I can't figure if this car has an alarm or not. Mechanical work is my strong point. Not electrics.

IMG_20160609_144617.jpg

Finally found some info on it and apparently its an Electronic Anti Rust Preventor. Not what I was hoping for lmao. Does anyone know how to get the 03 Sportivo alarms to go off or if they even had one stock? Cheers.

It's possible to come with a factory alarm but as a option extra. 

Depends on how the alarm was installed but usually there's a bonnet pin. If you can find it, typically near the radiator and it sticks out when you got the bonnet opened. Bonnet closed down, in pushes the pin down into its hole. 

You can trip the alarm by arming the alarm and popping the pin up. Or arming the alarm and opening a door. Just arm it when you're sitting inside and them open the door with the handle. Hope that makes sense

Cheers Fred. Well its dark here so i can't look for the pin, i understand what you're explaining, no worries. But what i did just do if it can help any further is, . well i'll say this first there is one key i guess from factory with the lock, unlock button. There is a red light that flashes on the key when locking and unlocking. Holding the button down or trying something different does nothing to change it. It just locks or unlocks all doors and the hazards flash on n off once. ... Now to what i just tried which i thought was funny. I tried "arming" while sitting inside and opening door...Door opens , nothing happens... I also tried locking with button as usual and then trying to unlock the car with the key. It unlocked as normal but what was funny is the blockers were flashing, left, right, left, right until i locked n unlocked again.....Maybe the alarm is not hooked up. i don't know but cant seem to get it to arm or go off you know. Cheers  mate.

After thinking about it, maybe the simultaneous blinking off the blinkers from opening the car with the key, after being locked with the remote, was the the alarm going off but with no siren, what do you think mate?

You have an alarm but the siren isn't working. Another way to tell, is arm it, then shake the car. Takes quite a lot to set it off because the knock sensor isn't sensitive.

you have a factory alarm because it's integrated with the original key fob. Aftermarket alarms you would have a separate fob. A factory alarm is armed and disarmed just by locking or unlocking the doors. There isn't another button you'd need to press because the alarm is integrated with the central locking system and immobiliser. 

Cheers

I recall that by depressing the button on the fob for several seconds sends the alarm into panic/distress mode where it siren and flashes the lights. 

Anyhow the factory alarm isn't a soohiscated unit and frankly easily bypassed. It isn't well hidden but I guess useful in putting in insurance that you do have an alarm regardless of it being simple. 

Awesome, thank you very much for your wise remarks. Any idea on the why the siren isn't sounding? Does the noise literally come out of that black box? Like I said I know nothing about electrics, my guess is its not connected or its just old n dead?

The siren the part which makes the sound is the black box. I can see from your photo that on the top of it, is the key hole. You cannot see it because it's actually covered m up by a robber cap.

its also likely that the bracket is not the original one because what I see is just steel. The original bracket that holds the siren should be painted black. 

Could be the previously owner was having problems with the siren sounding off in the middle night so he disconnected it is not uncommon to just remove the fuse, or the fuse itself is blown or the siren itself is broken but these I think are unlikely events.

the fuse folder is in the one inside the cabin. Not the engine area one. 

I checked the box out today. I don't have the key for it... The brown earth wire coming from it was connected to the button you were telling me about it that is under the bonnet. The button/latch thing was a little rusty so I cut and earthed it straight to the car to check it. It made no difference on siren sounding when making alarm go off by opening door with key after locking with remote. I also tried to make it go off by locking car with alarm with the bonnet button pushed down n then releasing. Didn't set it off. I will check fuse tomorrow , hope thats it or otherwise speaker/siren is not working or not hooked up properly I guess to where the red n black wires go through firewall into main harness I guess for power? ... Never been so excited to hear a dirty car alarm sounding lol. Thanks again.

Check the key lock. I know you may not have the key to it but you might be able to see if the lock is in a position that bypasses the siren. Regarding the lock, some of them are poorly done and can be simply picked with a paper clip which you might want to try.

Alright well i have half good news. Fuses were fine and managed to pick the keyhole on siren with paperclip and turn it into an ON position, there were 2 ON positions but I only could manage to switch it to the first one. Locked car with key remote and , *beep beep* success , siren works. Unlocked car started it. Switched it off, locked it. 5 seconds later alarm started going off, couldn't turn it off with key remote or by starting car so I managed to eventually turn the key slot back into the off position with my paperclip.... ....So siren works but alarm is being tripped by something when it shouldn't I guess, hence why previous owner turned it off.... I am wondering by having the little brown earth wire constantly just earthed and not hooked up to the bonnet pin device, would that be setting  it off??? I also can't manage to pick the lock again "I'm probably not trying as hard" as trying to turn it off before nearly made my eardrums bleed. So I might just leave it at that for now unless anyone knows the reason as to why it sounds for no reason and you cannot switch it off with key remote. At least I know the siren works =]. Thanks a lot Fupo, Legend.