Replace radio

brickpaver

I need to find a colour code diagram for the factory fit radio cassette in my 2000 single cab. It's already been replaced with a Pioneer unit fitted by Autobarn 7 years ago, where they cut and solder joined seven of the wires for the new Pioneer loom and plug. The colour coding was of course different but Autobarn obviously wired it up correctly and it worked fine.  

I am now fitting a new Bluetooth JVC unit and going by Autobarns advice, I should just join colour for colour as just about all car radio units follow a common colour code.  I did all that, using the colours from the Pioneer loom that is still solder joined to the original loom but the radio isn't  working.

I am assuming the radio power feed is coming off the same connection that handles the interior light because I did blow that fuse when I was fishing around the original loom solder joins. I replaced that fuse but still no radio working so perhaps that rules out the 'same fuse' theory.?  No other fuses are blown.

I think now that the 'safest' option is to go back to the original Toyota loom and join the new loom from there.......which is why I need to find a wiring plan.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Ross but I might hold off on any unnecessary EBay cost as I'm sure this is something that I could do by just going into the original loom if I need to and even just trace those wires back to their source. I was just hoping to find a wiring diagram so as to save a bit of time.

There would surely only be six main wires anyway. Power, Left speaker x2,..Right speaker x2, Earth,....even though there are seven connecting wires of twelve coming from the old loom and twelve possible option wires in the new loom.

I recommend eBay for a vehicle mmaintenance CD.  They have info.  8 have no CD drive to read mine ATM.  <$10?  2 power, one constant, one assessory, one earth and 2 for each speaker.  A voltmeter would make it easy.  U should keep power and earth wires short and thick For quality sound, partic at high power.  The CD is very useful strong fly recommended as cheap good info …

Okay, quick update. I was about to unhook all of my connections on the loom but thought I would try the new radio just once more,..for the hell of it,....and .wham...it turned on immediately. 😟 ....so apparently my colour code connections were correct after all and the radio works fine. It would also seem that the fuse that handles the interior light, handles the radio live feed as well.