17" Rims + Tyre for my 2003 Corolla

neK

The offset on the 17" RP03 to suit the Corolla which has a PCD of 4 x100 is 45... What I do know is that if you stay with the same offset you can't go wrong.

Are you sure about sticking with the same offset?

The way I understand it is that if you are going for a wider rim then you might need to make a slight adjustment to the offset in order to compensate for more of the rim sticking inside the guard, however i'm probably wrong so feel free to correct me...

wat about 18" rims? theres just a set for a reli good price atm.

and i have an ascent lowered with king springs about 35mm..

u reckon ill have a problem with scrubbing or any problems in general????

cheers

any help will be much appreciated..

C-rolla

To my knowledge the most you can increase your wheel size in NSW is 2". If you had a Sportivo which has 16 x 6 rims standard you could go to an 18x7 but you would need a 215/35/18 or 215/40/18 tyre with a load rating of 87 to keep it legal. To my knowledge there is no such tyre available in this country. If you can find such a tyre let me know. You also have the option of getting an engineers certificate with perhaps a 225/35/18 tyre but this could be expensive.

The offset on the 17" RP03 to suit the Corolla which has a PCD of 4 x100 is 45... What I do know is that if you stay with the same offset you can't go wrong.

Are you sure about sticking with the same offset?

The way I understand it is that if you are going for a wider rim then you might need to make a slight adjustment to the offset in order to compensate for more of the rim sticking inside the guard, however i'm probably wrong so feel free to correct me...

I believe it is best to stick with the same offset to minimize stress on ball joints & other suspension components. As I have said my rims have an offset of 45 & I have no issues with day to day driving. I will check with an expert & let you know.

Edited by BLKRLA

I remember hearing that spacers are illegal....

I was @ BobJane @ Bankstown on the weekend to get a wheel alignment and I was asking him about 17" rims the rubbing of the guards, he just said to me ti use spacers :huh:

Then he said if the wheels are rubbing the guard they can roll the guard. What exactly does rolling the guard do? And is it recommended?

I remember hearing that spacers are illegal....

I was @ BobJane @ Bankstown on the weekend to get a wheel alignment and I was asking him about 17" rims the rubbing of the guards, he just said to me ti use spacers :huh:

Then he said if the wheels are rubbing the guard they can roll the guard. What exactly does rolling the guard do? And is it recommended?

Spacers would make the problem worse.

Do a search in google for information on guard rolling. Its a simple procedure that can be affective.

Here's a good link for you:-

http://www.dentcraft.com.au/guard.html

Edited by BLKRLA