F****** Air Flow Meter MAF 😡

SA22C-RX

G'day everyone. For the past few months ive been having lean issues, I've cleaned the air flow meter with the correct cleaner, along with the throttle body. Car ran beautifully for about a week or so. This was a couple months back. Got sick of it not having full power again and cleaned it with meth this time. About 2 weeks ago. Car ran great for a few days, then started it up after work and boom, idle was funny straight away again, car sounds lean, runs lean n is ****** me off. It's not to the extreme it was before I cleaned the air flow meter originally with air flow meter cleaner but it's still not right. So I ordered a new air flow meter, I put it on this arvo, only went short drive 15min, lots of traffic around too so couldn't really test too much but hit lift , drove hard, drove normal but now we get to my main question. ( WHAT SERIAL IS YOUR MAF) ...... The car runs different n sounds different with new air flow meter, that's for sure. It sounds healthy at low rpm  it's not running lean, no lean backfiring, but it sounds different especially at high rpm. I feel it runs better with the new Air Flow meter in normal driving circumstances which I'm glad about but it feels slower, weird i know, maybe running lean before squeezed a bit more out of itlol. it's ******, im over it. anyway under WOT not sure if its better or worse. It definitely sounds different, bit funny to be honest but feels Great under 10℅ cruising throttle. ANYHOW. that's why im wondering if the air flow meter could be wrong or something as the serial from my old one to new one are different, look identical, both denso Toyota....... Side notes...... Car has new plugs, engine oil, air filter(un oiled one)(long life k&n) reset ecu bout 2000kms ago..im pretty sure Its not a coil problem and , could be fuel filter or fuel pressure but cleaning n changing MAF has definitely fixed then ott fixed the problem you know, Cheers. More testing may be adequate with new air flow meter but it def sounds funny up top end with it. Cheers everyone

Edited by SA22C-RX
Spellinv mistakes

Also if anyone cares, could the SRI with the new air filter be sucking air to hard n Close to the meter for it to read accurately, not sure exactly when problems started di just thought I'd out that out there,  just an other theory of mine lol. I feel the sensor or other sensors maybe O2 are definitely always sending different or wrong/uneven signals I feel to the ecu to tell how quick for the Injectors to pulse. It's always inconsistent ( this was with old air flow meter in) ....Would injector cleaner be worth it, could be sticky Injectors, i feel not but Yeah, getting over it 👍

Edited by SA22C-RX
Spelling mistakes

I can't really say. It's always had a SRI but new filter plugs n oil did improve idle months back..tried ecu reset *seemed* to help fir couple hundreds ks, then got bad again..... After first MAF and throttle body clean, idle and performance were Top notch for abour a week then lean issues came back but not as bad... cleaned with meth few weeks later, was greaf for 4 days then pretty lean again so decided to buy new MAF sensor.............................................  I was able to take the car for a 20 minute blat today and with the new air flow meter I think that's as good as it will get, maybe im expecting too much. Idles ok cold and hot, clean revving throughout rev range just doesn't feel as quick as it can be but all in all I have to be happy with this new MAF sensor as it's running clean and not inconsistent anymore. 👍

• 2 weeks later...