fuel door light on dash

snyper

hey all,

i have noticed another slight problem on my new car, the fuel door light on the dash is constantly on...

it doesn't seem right, even when i open it n press the button that is meant to sense if its closed or not - the light stays on....

also is the beeping noise meant to only turn on when the drivers door is open or all doors? because atm the sound only beeps when the drivers door is open, n if the other doors are open and drivers door is closed, it doesn't beep at all which also seems strange...

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Edited by snyper

hey all,

i have noticed another slight problem on my new car, the fuel door light on the dash is constantly on...

it doesn't seem right, even when i open it n press the button that is meant to sense if its closed or not - the light stays on....

also is the beeping noise meant to only turn on when the drivers door is open or all doors? because atm the sound only beeps when the drivers door is open, n if the other doors are open and drivers door is closed, it doesn't beep at all which also seems strange...

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi snyper,

Mate i fell for the same thing regarding the fuel light on pre-car inspection only to find the fuel light is nothing more than an indicator so the driver doesnt forget which side the fuel door is on .... was be awesome if it sensed if it was open or not but unfortunetly all it does is tell u about the side u need to put the car to fill up.

And with ur second query the beeping as indicated is only when u leave the key in the ignition and u open the drivers door ...... nothing more than that ....

cheers

Bill

:D :lol: :D :lol: Yeah that happened to me too when I first got my car :lol:

I pulled into the garage and notice the fuel door indicator - got out of the car and walked around to see if the fuel door was open - no it wasn''t - <_< got back into the car and fiddled around with the knobs and buttons; and even read the manuals. Half an hour later the misses gets into my car and looks around . . . then says "Oh look, you have a fuel door indicator telling you where your fuel door is located when you're petroling up" :blink::huh::blink::huh:

haha, at least in the camries its only a tiny little arrow that either means nothing or reminds you where the door is.

Has anyone gone to the effort of disabling or covering these lights? Im thinking about doing it.. probably by shorting the LEDs out and pretending it's a fault, incase toyota notices

haha, at least in the camries its only a tiny little arrow that either means nothing or reminds you where the door is.

Has anyone gone to the effort of disabling or covering these lights? Im thinking about doing it.. probably by shorting the LEDs out and pretending it's a fault, incase toyota notices

there are no LEDS behind the sportivo dash (the speed, tacho area)... its an EL panel.. thats why the lighting looks so uniform across the entire thing.. and i wouldnt take it apart.. The replacement part costs an arm and a leg plus 3/4's of a kidney

there are no LEDS behind the sportivo dash (the speed, tacho area)... its an EL panel.. thats why the lighting looks so uniform across the entire thing.. and i wouldnt take it apart.. The replacement part costs an arm and a leg plus 3/4's of a kidney

Oh right.. dang. That sign annoys me.

Oh right.. dang. That sign annoys me.

put a piece of black tape over it.. masking tape... piece of black paper....

hehehe thanx for the reply guys

pretty stupid concept for the reminder for where ur fuel door is, not like u can forget since we always put fuel into it n ppl will get used to stopping at the station on the correct side anyway...

bout the beeping noise, i thought it would be the same as my mum's car which beeps whenever a door is open when the key is in the ignition, oh well, no biggie

LMAO!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: