Engine parts Corolla ZZE123

Hi Guys, I'm a new member writing from Italy and I have an european Corolla ZZE123 model year 2002 110hp. :)

I drive this car about 2 years, and I'm very satisfied about Toyota technology and affidability!

In these 2 years I have installed a TWM Performance short shifter, a BMC air filter in the original airbox, a- 30 mm Eibach springs with a Bilstein shock absorber, alloy wheels Arcasting Blade 7X16, a rear spoiler MsDesign, an alluminium shift knob and hand brake.

Well, I have a question for you.

I would like to increase the hp and the acceleration of my Corolla. To obtain this I would prepare the engine to use a light weight flywheel, an alluminium pulley, a induction and exhaust manifolds made in stainless steel and a direct air intake.

Unfortunately here in Italy all of these "toys" are difficult to buy. :( Always the direct air intake is easy to find! <_<

Can you indicate me any store's link where I can find the material for my ZZE123 engine?

If you have any suggestions for me about my engine's preparation don't hesitate ;)

Thanks guys and sorry for my english not very perfect :)

Hi guys, the chassis code is 3ZZ-FE.

The 3ZZ-FE is the 1.6 L (1598 cc) version built in Japan (it is the same of the Japanese Toyota Runx). The entire exterior design and chasis is the same as the American Corolla. Bore is 79.0 mm and stroke is 81.5 mm. Max. Output SAE net (kW/rpm) 81/6000. Max. Torque SAE net (Nm/rpm) 150/3800. In Italy and Europe it only has 110hp.

Can you help me?

Bye! :)

you should be able to use aem/injen/trd or any cold air intakes for the corolla, regardless of what engine you have. I remember one member bought AEM CAI for 1zz-fe, but previous owner was using it in his 1nz-fe engine corolla. The same intake will also fit 2zz-ge equipped corolla.

Based on this experience, i strongly believe any cold air intake will fit.

As for flywheel, you will have to find out who makes one for your engine. 3zz-fe is your engine yes? Best bet is to go trd website. Amongts other available flywheel, popular choice is FIdanza. Check them too.

For clutch, exedy is the best buy i reckon. They produces for ever makes and models, so go and look at their website.

Induction as mentioned before, TRD (this would be under Toyota Matrix category and is TRD USA only). Injen and AEM.

Pulley, hmmmm, there's been a lot of debates about this one, but i know Unorthodox pulley kit is very popular for 1zz-fe equipped corolla. Some say is ok, but others said it ruins the harmonic balancer. So careful study must be taken.

Exhaust manifold - well I guess this one is bit hard, perhaps try your local exhaust system shop. Who knows they may have one produced locally in Italy.

What you mean when you say that the pulley "ruins the harmonic balancer"?

You refer to original cam shaft?

What I must take into consideration to install a correct pulley without risks for engine parts?

I myself don't quite understand

However, if you wish to learn more about pulley, go to www.9thgencorolla.com and do search browsing there. Some swear by it, some swear at it. Usually those who swear at it don't install pulley, so i am yet to see hard fact about toyota engine get fark by pulley. But those who swear by it, seems to be smiling.

Thanks Danz!

I read a topic about pulley........mmmhh.....some indecision.

The problem is that in USA corolla is different from Europe.

Always the flywheel, manifolds and CAI seems to be right for my engine. <_<

that's my Toy B)

trequarti3nt.jpg

a- 30 mm Eibach springs with a Bilstein shock absorber, alloy wheels Arcasting Blade 7X16, a rear spoiler

Hi

Could you please give information for the type of Bilstein shock absorber and its cost? Do you use the B6-Sport for non-lowered car or the B8-Sprint for car lowered 40-60mm?

Are you satisfied with the hadling? They are supposed to be 20% harder than the stock ones.

Hi cts03 I use the B8, that they work to the best with the Eibach spring.

They're harder than the B6, then the spring's escursion is more contained. The behaviour of the car in the curves and in the fast direction changes improves very much.

Here in Italy the cost of B8 is about 400€ (480$)

To obtain the best from the car, you can install also the front and rear towe bar (is what I'll do :D ).

• 2 weeks later...