Need help with Audio Install

E-Gene

Hey guys,

I finally got enough audio stuff together for my car and I'm looking to install them in my car. Got a Pioneer HU, a Precision Amp and Focal speakers.

Can anyone here help me install them? Or can anyone receommend a place in VIC where I could install them without paying out of my nose for it?

Thanks boys! :D

I was told that when i did my system that any changes needed to be done by a licenced auto electrician for waranty purposes (anything electrical stuffed up i wasnt going to be covered) This came directly from the dealer

don't wanna sound like a wet blanket, i think that the focals might be a bit of a problem when installing coz of the size and the depth of it. which ones did u get? i was planning on getting some polyglass 165v2? and most places dun reckone they fit. if u do let me know, please B)

from previous experience, i have found that the problem with focals is not so much the size, its the depth. things like the glass hitting it or something. maybe on the corolla a set of correctly sized spacer would solve all the problems. but yeah, i love the sound of focals even tho they start to sound a bit off when u turn it up.

Hi,

Focals can be a pain......They didn't really have a chance of fitting without the custom door pods I got made.... The head unit is a peace of cake to install. Just pop the air vents off and a couple of screws latter and the headunit comes out..... The first thing to do before starting the work is to get a propper surround for the headunit.... A toyota pocket looks crap, there should be a Toyota one available from the dealer. I got mine from Northfeild car sound up here in Brisbane...

Good luck with the install. It can be a pain but is worth it.... I spend too much on car audio....:) :)

Peter.

Yeah It is the Pioneer Top of the line DVD head unit. I sold it a little while ago, never used it for DVD. I now have the top of the line Eclipse headunit.

The Door pods cost about $600 all up, full custom install does cost a fair bit..... The speakers in the doors are Focal Utopia's and needed to be put in some sort of pod to fit properly.

Peter.

So is that for real? The focals can't fit the Corolla door? Man that sucks big time.

Deathzone: Was $600 for the door pods alone? Or was it for the full install of your speakers, HU, amp etc? Which State you from?

I'm from Brisbane/Springwood area. I got Anthony at Autobarn on Moss street to do the custom pods for me. The $600 ish was just for the door pods and the tweater mounts. Keep in mind it is full custom and took about two days to do almost. I like the pods, they are exactly what I asked for...... I also like the 3x red LED's that he put in for me to match the speedo cluster.

The Focals do have a fairly large magnet, I guess you could bring them out a tad with a little ring around them and keep the stock face to the door trims.... I never realy wanted stock looking trims first of all.

Soon to come full boot install.... Think false floor with a big **** IDMAX 12" SUB and two very large amps I have allready. Also might be upgrading speakers for full three way sound.

Peter.

I'm from Brisbane/Springwood area. I got Anthony at Autobarn on Moss street to do the custom pods for me. The $600 ish was just for the door pods and the tweater mounts. Keep in mind it is full custom and took about two days to do almost. I like the pods, they are exactly what I asked for...... I also like the 3x red LED's that he put in for me to match the speedo cluster.

The Focals do have a fairly large magnet, I guess you could bring them out a tad with a little ring around them and keep the stock face to the door trims.... I never realy wanted stock looking trims first of all.

Soon to come full boot install.... Think false floor with a big **** IDMAX 12" SUB and two very large amps I have allready. Also might be upgrading speakers for full three way sound.

Peter.

man, i would have done that if i knew he was so close by... coz i really wanted to get focals in mine, too.

we should meet up some time, dude!

the thing about adding a spacer is that u might get it to clear the window glass but then not the door card? it all depends... u might have to let the fitter have a look first. if u don't wanna get a custom door pod, perhaps selling the focals and getting something else might be better?

then again your fitter could make it fit without cutting anything with just a perfect spacer.

hope that helps, dude

Thanks shaohaok, will probably bring it down to dbfever in Brunswick and see what they say and charge...ouch. Better not cost me too much. I guess you're right, if they don't fit, maybe I should just sell them and get something else like the JL VR-600CSi splits, wonder it they fit?

Anyway, I've decided that I should try and install the HU myself to save some $$$, anyone here can give me some tips on how to remove the centre panel and on how to install the HU? I've read the instructions on the corolla.org but our dash is slightly different so I'll need some help on that one.

Anyone wants to give me a hand? :D