Corolla Rims

Craig

Hey guys i am new to the site.

I am just wondering if 16 inch rims are legal in NSW on a 1990 toyota corolla hatch back.

And if anyone can help me find somewhere that i can buy the rear parcel shelf thing for my car would be very helpfull or a estimated price of one.

Thanks

I am just wondering if 16 inch rims are legal in NSW on a 1990 toyota corolla hatch back.

And if anyone can help me find somewhere that i can buy the rear parcel shelf thing for my car would be very helpfull or a estimated price of one.

Thanks

What's the tyre & wheel size on your vehicle?. The best way to find out is to read the plaque tthat should be either inside your glove box or door frame.

What model of Corolla do you have?

Thanks

What's the tyre & wheel size on your vehicle?. The best way to find out is to read the plaque tthat should be either inside your glove box or door frame.

What model of Corolla do you have?

good rule of thumb is that what ever your standard rim size is (as recorded inside the door), you can increase the WIDTH of your rim by 1inch. e.g. 15x6 rims can upgrade to 17x7 rims.

Hey guys i have 13 inch wheels at the moment.

Is this standard for a corolla hatch 1990 model?

And what is the maximum rim size i can go to thanks?

And does andone no the offset and PCD?

Thanks

Yer mate, i am not sure if there the standard wheels or not.

Every other corolla that i have seen has 14 inch wheels and the 13 inch looks really small and there is a fair bit of room inbetween the guards.

Also wondering if you know the offset and pcd thanks.

Edited by Craig

perhaps make a trip to the bobjane or such shops and pretend to ask what are the choices do they have for your car and at the same time take the opportunity to ask about offset and PCD :)

They have got booklet listing all australian factory wheel sizes!!

I had a reply typed yesterday but I thought it was irrelevant.

Anyway 13" was the standard wheel size for the lower spec AE92's & only the CS-X, SX & Ultima got 14" alloys as standard. Legally you're only allowed to go up by 2 inches from the stock size making a 15" rim the maximum allowable.

However this begs another question.

If the same model came with 13" & 14" rims depending on spec then which do you use? It's also applicable to the current 'rollas since most come with 15" rims yet the Sportivo has 16" rims so where do you draw the line?

EDIT: Forgot to add stock offset is 38 & PCD is 4*100

Edited by Conquest

I had a reply typed yesterday but I thought it was irrelevant.

Anyway 13" was the standard wheel size for the lower spec AE92's & only the CS-X, SX & Ultima got 14" alloys as standard. Legally you're only allowed to go up by 2 inches from the stock size making a 15" rim the maximum allowable.

However this begs another question.

If the same model came with 13" & 14" rims depending on spec then which do you use? It's also applicable to the current 'rollas since most come with 15" rims yet the Sportivo has 16" rims so where do you draw the line?

EDIT: Forgot to add stock offset is 38 & PCD is 4*100

Thanks heaps mate, i think ill just get some 16 inch wheels.

Thanks to everyone