2006 Yaris 1.5L manual - fuel consumption what to expect?

zeezbrah

Hi so I just sold my car (Hyundai Elantra 2.0L ) which was using a lot of fuel in stop-start traffic. Was not a big fan of the car

I am looking to purchase a yaris 2006 sedan model which is a manual. I am aware that the fuel tank is only 41L, how many ks can i expect out of a full tank ? 

Because my hyundai only 8 or 9 kmpl with gentle driving, should i be expecting better with the VVT 1.5L engine of yaris and how much of a difference ? 

thank you

can't answer your question, but, just for a comparison

over last 2 years/60000km I've driven 2012 1.5 auto, consumption as follows: ave 7,2 l/100km, 91ul

(worst 8.6/best 5.7) mostly Sydney suburbs

best 570km/tank, takes 42l

from OBD logger over last 14,000km:

total time 386:48; 359:08 driving, 27:40 stopped

max speed 137*, aver speed 36.7

1212 trips

Gforces: 0.5 accel, 0.95 braking, 0.6 cornering

* on a private road

I had the 1.5L Hatch 2005 manual and my worst consumption was about 7L+/100km during peak summer with aircon's on full.

But much depends on the sort of traffic you are driving, expect more if you are on Sydney roads and less if you live elsewhere or away from CBD.

UPDATE

So I bought the Yaris last week (2006 Yaris 1.5L Yrs sedan , 42L tank) and filled her up to full tank. Resetted the trip meter

I hit 501km on trip meter with 2 bars left on the fuel meter. I saw a low price fuel station and and went for a fill up , I was only able to fill 32.3L with 2 clicks . Which means the tank had around 10L left for those 2 bars 

So 501km / 32 L I used = 15.65 km per L? How is that even possible? This car is amazing on fuel or my calculations are wrong ? 

On 9/1/2018 at 10:26 PM, zeezbrah said:

UPDATE

So I bought the Yaris last week (2006 Yaris 1.5L Yrs sedan , 42L tank) and filled her up to full tank. Resetted the trip meter

I hit 501km on trip meter with 2 bars left on the fuel meter. I saw a low price fuel station and and went for a fill up , I was only able to fill 32.3L with 2 clicks . Which means the tank had around 10L left for those 2 bars 

So 501km / 32 L I used = 15.65 km per L? How is that even possible? This car is amazing on fuel or my calculations are wrong ? 

That's 6.4L/100km, was it mostly city driving or a bit of highway thrown in too?

On 9/3/2018 at 7:55 PM, Hiro said:

That's 6.4L/100km, was it mostly city driving or a bit of highway thrown in too?

Mostly highway driving (80 kmph), some stops start traffic here and there as well.