Power Windows

Hey guys, went to Lander Toyota to get my Corolla :)

I had the optional power windows put in, since it's a Ascent. And... i never knew the buttons where like that?

The hole where the manual lever for the winding of windows has been covered with a circle plug/cover thingy..

Has anyone else had the option of power windows? what did your ones look like

I had the optional power windows put in, since it's a Ascent. And... i never knew the buttons where like that?

The hole where the manual lever for the winding of windows has been covered with a circle plug/cover thingy..

Your first problem is u got ur car from lander .... they are the shonkiest, dodgiest, dealership i have ever been to .... if i buy another toyota .... and i say if as toyota is not on my good side any more ill go into lander just to waste their time and get their price as low as possible then just walk out .... then again i think this is how toyota breads all there dealers .... Any other guys had this option done to confirm if this is what they did as opposide to laying out a new trim for the door. ....

Your saying I'm suposed to get a new interior trim to cover the hole instead of just a cap??

Can I ask them to do that for me? This is the Lander at Blacktown

Yep i am refering to lander at blacktown ...... Im not sure if they give u a new door trim i just assumed they would as more than likely u've paid more than what a power window upgrade would have cost so the least they could have done is changed the trim .....

Your going to have to wait until someone else who has done this upgrade lets u know as im not basing my opinion on facts of what is actually done but rather what would be logical and better for the customer ....

I do believe its a just a cap to cover the hole where the manual window handle use to be.

Do you know if its a genuine toyota part? Cos if its not and you have problems you're gonna get passed around like no tomorrow. (It was this reason alone i just went to the Conquest instead).

For the Conquest models and above, the central locking is where the power windows buttons are on the drivers door.

However on the Ascent Upgrade to Power windows option, the Central locking is where the red flashing light is (just beside the steering wheel). The power windows button are in the same location as the Conquest.

Edited by neK

Do you know if its a genuine toyota part?

I'm guessing it's some aftermarket upgrade.

AFAIK Toyota don't sell any power window upgrade.

You questioned the buttons ... do you have a pic to show us what they've done?

Sounds like an aftermarket kit, given they've just put a plug on the hole from the original winder.

I seriously doubt a new trim would help unless they are willing to remove the front doors. The manual winder as it is right now after removing the handle has got a metal bit protruding and is usually covered by a black cap.

I am 99% sure that is not the original part from Toyota, just custom power windows. they will not be able to chop off the metal protruding bit as the teeth is being used for the power windows as a grip.

Hope that helps!!

My Ascent got in Terry Shield Toyota at Parramatta. Same thing, just putting cover on it. Salesman told me that is not doggy after market one...But that was bull****, I found warranty card for the power windows. Sure that wasn't factory filled.

Yeh.. i dont really like the buttons or the cap.. Is ther anything i can do to make it look OEM not aftermarket

The fastest way is to change doors, but they are gonna cost heaps, electrically they are not difficult cos they are already there. Just fused it up and connect the wires.

perhaps find a tweeter and replaced it with the cap... just a suggestion!!

The main contributing factor is still the cost of it. Hope that helps!!

Edited by kelvin33

Yeh.. i dont really like the buttons or the cap.. Is ther anything i can do to make it look OEM not aftermarket

You could buy some Toyota badges that fit and stick them on the cap ... but where are the buttons and what do they look like?

heyy guys

Just wondering how much does the optional power window cost?? and did any of you ever have it done after your car delivered??

cheers..