Calipers?

76ACC

Just wondering if this theory will work? Looking to ugrade rotors and rear calipers. Lets say if I put larger DBA 4000 series rotors (275mm) with stock the being 269mm on the rear of a facelift stivo, and if I got toyota 2 pot calipers form the front of the same model stivo would this work?

Thanks people :)

Just wondering if this theory will work? Looking to ugrade rotors and rear calipers. Lets say if I put larger DBA 4000 series rotors (275mm) with stock the being 269mm on the rear of a facelift stivo, and if I got toyota 2 pot calipers form the front of the same model stivo would this work?

Thanks people :)

The quick answer is no.....

Firstly the rotors wont have provision for the handbrake mechanisim that is in you current rear discs, due to the different hat height of the discs your rear track may be put out of spec, there is no real "easy" way to mount the sportivo front caliper to the rear hubs, even if you did your brake bias would be so screwed up it wouldnt be funny, Also the Aus spec (or any other that i am aware of) Sportivo was never delivered with twinspot calipers (do not beleive motor/carsguide/wheels etc. they dont know what they are talking about...)

In short the rear brakes on the sportivo are more than capable of handeling anything most people will throw at it.... if you really want to improve your braking, i suggest get some decent pads, slotted rotors, braided lines (make sure they are ADR approved) and even a master cylinder brace if you really want it to firm up...

The quick answer is no.....

Firstly the rotors wont have provision for the handbrake mechanisim that is in you current rear discs, due to the different hat height of the discs your rear track may be put out of spec, there is no real "easy" way to mount the sportivo front caliper to the rear hubs, even if you did your brake bias would be so screwed up it wouldnt be funny, Also the Aus spec (or any other that i am aware of) Sportivo was never delivered with twinspot calipers (do not beleive motor/carsguide/wheels etc. they dont know what they are talking about...)

In short the rear brakes on the sportivo are more than capable of handeling anything most people will throw at it.... if you really want to improve your braking, i suggest get some decent pads, slotted rotors, braided lines (make sure they are ADR approved) and even a master cylinder brace if you really want it to firm up...

Ok will do. Thanks for your advise. I have massive plans for this puppy so just doing some research now! :)