Saggy Headlining 1996 Widebody Vienta

heikz

Hi everyone probably due to the car being parked outside everyday it seems as if the cloth headlining on my 1996 toyota vienta csi is starting to sag maybe the adhesive glue has dried out just wondering if any of you here would know of a solution to get it back to its original condition.

Thanks in advance.

Heikz.

sounds like you need a new headliner..

you can try glueing them back on but that's gonna take 1 full day to do it. I dont know exactly how but i tried taking them off, but i just couldnt do them...too hard :rolleyes:

would it be expensive ?

• 3 months later...

I too had the saggy tent happening in my my car. I had to do mine 3mths after i bought it. The old owner was a smoker and the car yard / detailer must have used some nasty stuff to remove the smell which in turn screwed the lining.

I just re-did it myself. paid $50 for the material (black suede) $14 per tub of craft glue (used 2 tubs @ 250ml each) and one lazy weekend afternoon.

You might have some trouble getting the whole roof out, just fold the front seats back so they are laying down and it should help.

I'll post pictures soon in my garage of the job that i did and of my car to day.

Good Luck

• 2 years later...

you can try glueing them back on but that's gonna take 1 full day to do it. I dont know exactly how but i tried taking them off, but i just couldnt do them...too hard :rolleyes:

No way not a full day...i do headlinings on commodores and it takes bout 2-3 hours....pulling of the old stuff and either using old lining or buying new lining and spraaying with contacy gule from spray gun and wallah looks like it hasnt been touched.

No way not a full day...i do headlinings on commodores and it takes bout 2-3 hours....pulling of the old stuff and either using old lining or buying new lining and spraaying with contacy gule from spray gun and wallah looks like it hasnt been touched.

Had the exact same thing happen to my 96 Vienta. Took half a day and $180 at a motor trimmers. Now perfect.

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Please kindly advise where can we can get the new headliner material and the right contact adhesive for the job.

Have tried spotlight, super-cheap and autobarn, but they dont have any headliner material.

Thanks in Advance.

you can re-use your old headliner material but if you want to replace it with new material i'd try lincraft (thats where i bought my new material). I'd recommend Permatex Heavy Duty Headliner Glue as some glues don't cope very well with the heat and can come loose again (this glue has worked very well with my car parked under the sun all day). I bought this glue from Pep's but i've also seen it at Supercheap & Repco before.

This link also has a bit more information about replacing the headliners on our gen 3 camrys: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=19720