Current Tool Specials

campbeam

Have you come across a Tool Sale or Promotion that is worth sharing with other members.

Perhaps you already subscribe to a tools related website and can recommend them.

I can highly recommend the Trade Tools website and get their weekly email of specials. I have been going there for more than 10 years and have mainly bought the Force brand products which come with a lifetime warranty. Also bought their own Renegade brand products.

To celebrate being 33 years in business and growing to 18 stores from humble beginnings, they are offering some special sale items. https://www.tradetools.com/specials

I was highly interested in buying the following but when I checked I found that I had previously bought them some years ago. They are still unopened with their price stickers of $12.90 and $49 respectively.

image.png.6d21d300f5a6a548560fd52e7c5b2469.png

• Like 1

Man, That rotary tool kit is great value. I don't blame you for taking another look only to discover you already had one. I purchased a dremel 4000 kit a few years back and have most of the accessories to go with it now. Very handy kit for sure.

Trade Tools 33 rd Birthday .

I'd never heard of Trade Tools before you mentioned them to me Ash. Being a Queensland based company, It's off the radar for us down here in Sydney. I'm glad you did because I will definitely be buying more tools from them. 33 Years in the business, I always try to support Australian companies too.

The Prices I paid for the 1/4" and 3/8" torque wrenches was ridiculously cheap being $22 and $25 respectively. I don't know how you could even make them for that price ! Anyway, I am very happy with the Quality of the Renegade brand. Their specials are worth looking at.

The Force Torque wrench looks amazing in quality and this one was only $65. Lifetime warranty too. Very satisfied customer indeed. Thanks Trade Tools !

I did buy this 180mm sander polisher last week. Delivery is included in the price and arrived by Friday. It is still on sale @$88 

image.png.973565fed7521b021c1fed1fad3e2e09.png

I have just unpacked it, fitted the D handle and the polisher fittings. As I am mainly left-handed, I was able to swap the handle around without any problems. I have powered up the machine and it has some serious but controllable power at max revs while minimum revs is so easy to manage. All ready to give the windscreen a good clean then finish with a polish. Next potential job is to try and polish the headlights. 

Trade Tools have done a YouTube video which is worth looking at. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmFIPRKRl0Q

https://www.tradetools.com/product-range/power-tools/hand-held-power-tools/renegade-industrial-sander-polisher-180mm-variable-speed

Gotta Love Yuley lol. What a character.

That machine will serve you well Ashley. Rotary polishers are good for when the going gets tough. Baby steps on the paintwork though. Get used to it first.

By the way, Lambswool pads are excellent for bringing up the initial shine but it will leave holograms and buffer trails as lambswool pads have an aggressive cut. This is where the DA polisher comes in with the various grades of polishes and pads to help "jewel" up the paint.

The headlights and glass are an excellent place to start familiarising yourself with the machine. Rotation is clockwise so you need to keep this in mind when using it so it doesn't buck back.

You'll use the area from 12 O'clock to 3 O'clock on the pad to do the headlights efficiently. The Glass you can go fully flat and some lifting when approaching the edges. 

Start off in a low RPM range too. 500 - 600 rpm should be good and see how it performs.

I might be tempted to get me one of those machines. The price is ridiculous lol..

Christmas is coming early for some us :laugh::thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just open the email from SuperCheap 7 day deals to 17th May. Also came with a $10 credit for Club Members. Deals include 40% off SCA jacks. I have a similar jack to this1400kg one in the boot of my car and I have it wrapped in a groundsheet to prevent it sliding around too much.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-hydraulic-trolley-jack-1400kg/563845.html?cgid=7day-sale#main=&prefn1=activePromos&prefv1=Tools+&prefn2=srgBrand&prefv2=SCA&start=6

I got that same email yesterday too Ash. I have already added to my cart that pen light.

Regarding jacks.. my arch nemesis.. I wish they'd sell those low profile alloy "lightweight" jacks AND put them on special. That would be something I'd be interested in for sure :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I wish they'd sell those low profile alloy "lightweight" jacks AND put them on special. That would be something I'd be interested in for sure

Exactly my thoughts too. I am more thinking about applying that $10 credit to SCA detailing products but might still get another jack now. Probably make a spur of the moment decision when I am in store.

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

Probably make a spur of the moment decision when I am in store.

Don't you hate it when that happens !!

Go there expecting to spend $30, walk out having spent $130 :laugh:

But yes, those little credits we get a re perfect for detailing products or something elso low cost.

I would love something like these but in Alloy instead of back breaking steel. Low profile and extra long so it can reach right in, especially on the Aurion rear axle as it's quite deep to access unlike the front nub. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trolley-Jack-Steel-2-Ton-Low-Profile-Alloy-Jacks-Garage-Floor-Extra-Long/273767087282?hash=item3fbdca3cb2:g:veUAAOSwHGJcDEVE

33 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Go there expecting to spend $30, walk out having spent $130 :laugh:

But yes, those little credits we get a re perfect for detailing products or something elso low cost.

One reason why the ex banned me from grocery shopping. Go for $2 milk and $50 later.

Those credits are an enticement. We know that. Sometimes the fish are biting and other times they just nibble. Currently thinking that I most likely want more application pads and sacrificial micro-fibre cloths than another standard trolley jack.

• Like 1

Same issue here..its like crack when i go in to look around.Very easy to lose track of time and reality in auto stores and before you know it you need a trolly to carry all the goodies to the car

KAA

1 hour ago, KAA said:

you need a trolley to carry all the goodies to the car

Ah the good old days when everything was cheaper and we had more disposable income. Now I am planning ahead and waiting for the specials plus looking at the clearance items. "Gotta love them tools" especially when they are are genuinely discounted. Just went back to the email and found something else that I want more than the jack.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, campbeam said:

One reason why the ex banned me from grocery shopping. Go for $2 milk and $50 later.

Reminds me of something funny. I went to a local IGA to get bread and also wound up buying Tim Tams, Blocks of Dark Chocolate etc.. and the cashier woman remarked "that's an expensive loaf of bread". Damn straight ! 

• Like 2

Trade Tools is having an Automotive Sale. What caught my attention was 20% discount across the entire FORCE brand range.

FORCE comes with a lifetime warranty.

I can highly recommend the FORCE and RENEGADE Industrial brands. Over the past 10+ years, I have bought various socket and spanner sets.

This is the starter kit that I bought my boys as a teenage 13th birthday present. Price of $228 includes shipping.

https://www.tradetools.com/product-range/tool-kits/force-142pc-combination-tool-set-1-2-3-8-and-1-4-drive

I am rearranging Saturday so will be there at 8AM when their doors open to get a few of their sale items before going to SuperCheapAuto as originally planned..  

I overlooked these socket sets because I already have more than sufficient.

Last night, I must have been too tired to not to notice the bonus torque wrench. 

image.png.b0f79139f0be80987980cdf5bb352b48.png

This is a pretty handy item to have when pulling apart our cars. A magnetic pan. It's either we have too many screws, nut or bolts left over or less :biggrin: Those were the days. 

Very cheap too.

https://www.tradetools.com/product-range/tool-storage/miscellaneous-storage/renegade-industrial--magnetic-tray-rectangle-240mm-x-140mm

RIMTREC.jpg

37 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Love the bonus torque wrenches.

So much so that I went back to Trade Tools and got the 1/4" and 3/8" deals.

I was there this morning and purchased a pick up tool, another impact driver and a set of long allen keys.

Just to stir the counter staff member, I said that I had noticed that Sydney Tools have moved into their previous premises. Also looked on their website so here I am at Trade Tools for the latest deals. 

54 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Sydney Tools have moved into their previous premises

Hey nice going Ash. The deals are irresistible but I had to exercise some constraint for the next couple of weeks.

I think Sydney Tools are there for the inspiration.. :biggrin: See how that goes hey ?

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Hey nice going Ash. The deals are irresistible but I had to exercise some constraint for the next couple of weeks.

I think Sydney Tools are there for the inspiration.. :biggrin: See how that goes hey ?

Yes the deals are very tempting. I thought that I was very good by not buying that 142 piece combination set which I have been wanting to have for years. I am re-organising what tools I carry around in the boot. 3/8" RENEGADE set will replace the larger combination 3/8" FORCE socket set. 

I have spoilt myself and been very indulgent getting these extra sets. It is a "Nice to have" with those torque wrenches and a better quality 1/4" set in my tool collection. Sort of a last spending spree before going into a financial lockdown [for myself]. 

Still got a low profile jack on the watchlist. Looked at Sydney Tools and this was the only item that interested me [and my wallet] @ $84. 

https://sydneytools.com.au/product/daytona-dlp1700-1700kg-low-profile-hydraulic-trolley-jack  

When in SuperCheapAuto, price check was $110 which I am sure has recently increased from <$100. It will take a decent discount to prise my wallet open.

• Like 1

Sort of a last spending spree before going into a financial lockdown [for myself].

LOL Ash, A good saying..As you have been tempting the "MUST HAVE" geek in me lately I had to force myself into lockdown for at least 2 months..having spent on my wife with a new dryer and phone..I am not a wanting person usually but so many good deals are about these days..so I decided to wait..write a list..and then in a few months I will let loose as by then I can say, well I did put you first dear and get away with it LOL

KAA

Robert, my "want that tool" list is just about complete.  

Recent tools spending is my Birthday and Xmas presents in advance. Certainly also looking after the girlfriend so she does not feel she is being neglected in favour of the "mechanical girlfriends". 

Good planning that you are making a list for future purchases. Interesting times continue so be prepared for any opportunity that presents itself.

I will be back to focussing upon saving targets while watching out for any big discount, clearance or closing down sales. 

I unashamedly ended up purchasing all three socket sets. the 1/4 drive, the 3/8 drive and the 1/2 drive, including a few extra goodies. The value was unbeatable and with free shipping how could you not ?

They also have some good specials on tool chests but the delivery cost was prohibitive. Best to buy local for the heavier stuff.

I'll post up when I get them. 

I recall a post by another member about using vehicle positioning jacks to initially raise his lowered vehicle so he could then use a trolley jack to further raise the vehicle. I have done a price comparison with SuperCheap and AutoBarn and not tempted,  particularly as I have a standard height vehicle.

For those that are considering using vehicle positioning jacks, please consider these ones which are very attractively priced {$119] and also come with free shipping.

https://www.tradetools.com/renegade-industrial-680kg-300mm-vehicle-positioning-jack .

• Like 1

These are very handy for lower cars. It prompted me to re check what I paid for mine in 2019 and it was $389 for a set of 4. I then checked the seller's current pricing structure and sure enough the prices have now gone up to $489 plus $71 shipping if you're not in Sydney. I was able to pick mine up from their Sydney depot.

Free shipping from trade Tools is always an attractive incentive for us interstate people.

The Renegade jacks look practically the same as mine. These are called the T Rex. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T-REX-4x-12-Vehicle-Positioning-Jacks-Wheel-Dollies-Car-Go-Dolly-Jack-Skates-/143580081504?hash=item216e0a2d60

• Like 1