Current Tool Specials

campbeam

Thanks Ash I have ordered one today..and as I don't have the guns in the arms to manually do the wheel nuts with the normal cross brace anymore I decided to treat myself and the price was great..

What Socket are you using now days for the gun?..and what torque setting do you set your gun at?..

Thanks mate for the post it is appreciated

Keep Well 

KAA

I did get mine a bit cheaper as an Australia Day sale item. This just means that you will have to use yours more often to get your moneys worth. lol

You squeeze the top of the switch to undo and the bottom of the switch to tighten. Mine is set at 110nm which I believe is the torque setting for the Toyota Aurion wheel nuts. I still hand/finger tighten the wheel nuts then use the gun for the final tightening. I use the star pattern and go around twice. The set does come with 2 double ended sockets.

Actual wheel nut is 13/16"or 20.6mm not 21mm which can still work with a 21mm socket.  I did go and buy 13/16"standard and deep impact sockets which Repco had as a clearance item [bit of overkill] however I could have just used a spark plug socket instead.

I am hoping to be giving the rattle gun another workout this weekend assuming suspension parts all arrive by Friday.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Previously noticed this 1700kg low profile trolley jack in the latest Repco catalogue for introductory price of $59. 

Regular price is $99 or $99.99

Ended up getting one but have yet to unpack and try it out. 

https://www.repco.com.au/en/tools-equipment/garage-tools-equipment/jacks/mechpro-blue-1700kg-trolley-jack-mbtj1700/p/A5498035

10 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Previously noticed this 1700kg low profile trolley jack in the latest Repco catalogue for introductory price of $59. 

Regular price is $99 or $99.99

It's great value at $59. The SCA ToolPRO one I purchased a little while ago was the same money but it's rated at 1600kg. I don't think there's much difference to be honest. Still excellent value nonetheless Ash. Did you also get a ToolPRO one too ?

5 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

It's great value at $59. The SCA ToolPRO one I purchased a little while ago was the same money but it's rated at 1600kg. I don't think there's much difference to be honest. Still excellent value nonetheless Ash. Did you also get a ToolPRO one too ?

Bit of a difference with a slightly lower maximum height. I noticed the metal side carry handle.

Certainly did get a TOOLPRO one when they were last on special. 

MechPro Blue comes with a 1 year warranty. I think that TOOLPRO comes with a lifetime warranty.

Bunnings has a 1600kg low profile jack for $65. There is price and there is quality. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 11:09 AM, campbeam said:

I overlooked these socket sets because I already have more than sufficient.

Last night, I must have been too tired to not to notice the bonus torque wrench. 

image.png.b0f79139f0be80987980cdf5bb352b48.png

Trade Tools recently repeated these socket sets and bonus torque wrench deals.

1/4" drive torque wrench was very useful for toqueing the bolts on the water pump for my Aurion. 

On 6/15/2020 at 2:48 PM, campbeam said:

I have been using my electric rattle gun a fair bit lately and noticed a current special for $75.

image.png.9ad32e43ba3ce4bdd68816cab23edf46.png

https://www.mydeal.com.au/12v-12-electric-adjustable-torque-impact-wrench-255253?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7I3cnYCD6gIVCd9oCh0aeQRJEAEYASABEgK2ePD_BwE

I have kept this electric rattle gun on my eBay watchlist.

Noticed that it is further reduced to $69 so bought another one.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIMAC-12V-Impact-Wrench-Rattle-Gun-Wheel-Nut-Remover-1-2-Electric-Car-Volt/142618032122

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

Noticed that it is further reduced to $69 so bought another one.

That's pretty good value. Also, if you're an Ebay Plus member you get a further 10% off with code PLUSFY10 until 08/02/2021

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed the email from Repco for their latest catalogue featuring the Mechpro Blue 1700kg Low Profile Trolley Jack for $59. 

Clicked on the link to go to the Repso website which is down for maintenance.

Good news is " Here's a 10% off* coupon, use 10OFF at checkout, expires in 24 hours. " so I expect that this will only apply for today Thursday, 4th March 2021. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Just noticed the email from Repco for their latest catalogue featuring the Mechpro Blue 1700kg Low Profile Trolley Jack for $59. 

Clicked on the link to go to the Repso website which is down for maintenance.

Good news is " Here's a 10% off* coupon, use 10OFF at checkout, expires in 24 hours. " so I expect that this will only apply for today Thursday, 4th March 2021. 

That's good value. So is the discount coupon on top of the already discounted price then ? So it will be $53.10 for the jack ?

I wish they could could a proper deal on the 3T variant or even an aluminium jack. I don't need another back breaker of a jack.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Definitely need something to lay on when getting under the car Ash, especially to insulate ourselves from the cold concrete. I have the "homeless man" version of this, a couple of flattened large cardboard boxes. The insulate well and provide a small degree of comfort.

Just having a look at the link I found a very funny anomaly SCA have imposed on the purchase of this product. See if you can find it 😜

20210607_043832.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Definitely need something to lay on when getting under the car Ash, especially to insulate ourselves from the cold concrete. I have the "homeless man" version of this, a couple of flattened large cardboard boxes. The insulate well and provide a small degree of comfort.

Just having a look at the link I found a very funny anomaly SCA have imposed on the purchase of this product. See if you can find it 😜

20210607_043832.jpg

Large cardboard is a good workaround. I do have one of those pilates mats, not used [by me] but too thin. I did check the size and thickness of this mat so it should be comfortable especially for my aging back and knees. This mat might also be handy to keep in the boot to accompany the spare tyre for those unwanted roadside events. 

Circuitous logic makes sense to me so you cannot order now. Presumably SCA webmaster has scheduled the activation of these options on the Superbuy product pages for 00:01 on 10.06.2021 or 23:59 on 09.06.2021 .

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

Circuitous logic makes sense to me so you cannot order now. Presumably SCA webmaster has scheduled the activation of these options on the Superbuy product pages for 00:01 on 10.06.2021 or 23:59 on 09.06.2021 .

I'll take your word for it. It was good for a laugh though, Happy Monday lol !

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the Clearance section on the SuperCheap Auto website and noticed this

SCA Thumbwheel Wrench 3/8" Drive

Details

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-thumbwheel-wrench-3-8-drive/222705.html

Now $5.00 

Features

• Coated metal construction resists abrasion and corrosion damage
  • Suitable for use in tight spaces where ordinary screwdrivers and wrenches cannot fit
  • Reversible ratcheting system allows use in both directions
Fortunately a local SCA Store had them in stock. Had to ask for assistance so they could unlock an anti-theft device. Bit useless because I had already removed it from its plastic packaging retaining clip to check that the ratchet action worked in both directions.

Also took the opportunuty to pick up a 4 piece set of socket adaptors [not on special] which were locked in a display cabinet.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, campbeam said:

I was looking at the Clearance section on the SuperCheap Auto website and noticed this

SCA Thumbwheel Wrench 3/8" Drive

Details

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-thumbwheel-wrench-3-8-drive/222705.html

Now $5.00 

Features

• Coated metal construction resists abrasion and corrosion damage
  • Suitable for use in tight spaces where ordinary screwdrivers and wrenches cannot fit
  • Reversible ratcheting system allows use in both directions
Fortunately a local SCA Store had them in stock. Had to ask for assistance so they could unlock an anti-theft device. Bit useless because I had already removed it from its plastic packaging retaining clip to check that the ratchet action worked in both directions.

Also took the opportunuty to pick up a 4 piece set of socket adaptors [not on special] which were locked in a display cabinet.

Very handy tool Ash. I laughed at the thought that they would even consider putting an anti theft device on a measly $5 tool, when you have Turtle Wax Flex Wax, among others, being sold at extortionate prices, and they don't have anti theft devices on them. Maybe they should :laugh:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I was able to get one of those 3/8" thumbwheel Wrenches yesterday. Guy tells me that they are going to be obsolete and once sold out that's it. He had one left at the store I picked up from. Placed an online order for something else work related, and I slipped this one in lol..

I have to say, my first impression was how well made it is. It has some weight in it too. Very happy indeed.

20210811_022440.jpg

20210811_022515.jpg

20210811_022522.jpg

I checked the online reviews so I made sure that the thumbwheel wrench did work, in both directions. 

Something else that I have noticed more recently is there is not much price differential on eBay between the China sellers and the Aust. based sellers. 

I am feeling that prices are going up so more likely to buy now rather than later. 

8 hours ago, campbeam said:

I checked the online reviews so I made sure that the thumbwheel wrench did work, in both directions. 

Something else that I have noticed more recently is there is not much price differential on eBay between the China sellers and the Aust. based sellers. 

I am feeling that prices are going up so more likely to buy now rather than later. 

Definitely works both ways. It wouldn't be useful otherwise. I have also noticed the prices on items from China have started to climb begging the question, do I want to pay a few measly bucks less, wait over a month to get it and pay GST on it too ?? The short answer is no. I'd rather pay a bit more, get it in a timely manner, support a local business and avoid GST. I like to swing between Amazon and Ebay and avoid Gumtree like the plague. Gumtree is full of arrogant Morons too. I've never had a good experience there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, campbeam said:

This is the starter kit that I bought my boys as a teenage 13th birthday present. Price of $228 includes shipping.

https://www.tradetools.com/product-range/tool-kits/force-142pc-combination-tool-set-1-2-3-8-and-1-4-drive

I decided to spoil myself to get this tool set which is currently on special for $228.

Definitely needed some "retail therapy" and I had been good, resisting not going to AutoBarn for their latest oil special.

I should have bought this set back in 2013 when they were on special for $148. That is one of life's small regrets dealt with.

• Haha 1

Nice purchase Ash. You can never have enough tools I reckon. The "Force" brand are well made too. They have a nice feel to them. I have a Force Torque wrench and it's great.

It's ok to spoil yourself occasionally too inflation aside lol..

• Thanks 1

Ash you had Tony pondering there, I bet he did the internet search and was drooling, however his garage is full enough right now I feel.

But I am sure he will go out there and look just in case there is room after a rearrange

😃😃😃

KAA

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Nice purchase Ash. You can never have enough tools I reckon. The "Force" brand are well made too. They have a nice feel to them. I have a Force Torque wrench and it's great.

It's ok to spoil yourself occasionally too inflation aside lol..

This was a total convenience purchase for myself. Nice to have most commonly used sockets and spanners all together in one set. I have forgotten what recent maintenance task that I was doing but ended up going to multiple 3/8" socket sets to get the required combination.

I have still got my first ETC brand socket and spanner set [with lifetime warranty] that I purchased back in 1975.

Fast forward to 2021 and I highly recommend this Force brand combination set which has a Lifetime warranty. Quality tools with a Lifetime Warranty that are fit for purpose are well worth the extra $$$.

Also look at the product reviews on the Trade Tools website and this one stands out: " I am a A-grade Motor Mechanic and have a tool chest worth over $10,000. This kit is what I take on break downs and it is as good as my name brand tools. If you don't have many tools, this kit will pretty much cover you. BUY IT, you won't regret it."

• Like 1