Bonnet Scoops/ Vents

IM thinking about getting some sort of custom vents or scoop for my corolla bonnet.. Has anyone here done it and if not why not? Its such and easy cosmetic addition to set yourself apart from 'every other corolla'..

Post some pics if you have any..

Cheers

Dan

Xoom, Skitzo, RunX all have aftermarket/custom bonnets. Bloody sexy too I might add :D

Really .... thats news to me .... im sure it was stock last time i looked at it .... u sure u dont mean stock_vvti ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yeah they are indeed, mighty pricey though... Im more after adding a scoop or vents to my stock bonnet. Something like the evo 5 bonnet design would look hot... Would it be as easy as getting a panel beater to cut the design and add a mesh backing to it... Real noob question here, but if it rained would the water going through the mesh harm the engine at all.

Thanks

Dan

Xoom, Skitzo, RunX all have aftermarket/custom bonnets. Bloody sexy too I might add :D

Really .... thats news to me .... im sure it was stock last time i looked at it .... u sure u dont mean stock_vvti ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ahhh I thought the white corolla with the HJC motorsports sticker on the back was yours :lol::lol::lol:

There's a bloke on firesport with a bonnet scoop (mini wrx style) for our corollas and its painted in the colour of my car too, i was going to buy it then put the car on the market instead, its probably still there for $40

IM thinking about getting some sort of custom vents or scoop for my corolla bonnet.. Has anyone here done it and if not why not? Its such and easy cosmetic addition to set yourself apart from 'every other corolla'..

Post some pics if you have any..

Cheers

Dan

[/quote

The cost to purchase, paint & fit will probably cost you almost as much a Carbon Fiber C-One Bonnet.

The cost to purchase, paint & fit will probably cost you almost as much a Carbon Fiber C-One Bonnet.

Extremely doubtful, ive priced a fair few scoops, universal ones both from ssv.com.au and carmate and ill be looking at $100- $200 for the scoop.. NO idea how much itll be to paint and fit, give or take $300 id say..

Compare this with the $1753 'someone' wants for the c-one bonnet, and i think ill come out with a bit of cash left in the pocket. :P

Extremely doubtful, ive priced a fair few scoops, universal ones both from ssv.com.au and carmate and ill be looking at $100- $200 for the scoop.. NO idea how much itll be to paint and fit, give or take $300 id say..

Compare this with the $1753 'someone' wants for the c-one bonnet, and i think ill come out with a bit of cash left in the pocket. :P

$1753 is a rip off, I bet you got this quote for Carmate. Everyone in Sydney knows to stay away from this place. Theere is member of the Sydney crew who has a carbon bonnet that he got for $600 & I have been quoted previously $1000 for the C-One Bonnet.

On top of purchasing & painting you still have the cost of fitment which will involve cutting a hole in your bonnet which will not be cheap.

Anyway, good luck with your bonnet scoop.

hahaha! Bill is there something u want to tell us?? :D

$1753 is a rip off, I bet you got this quote for Carmate. Everyone in Sydney knows to stay away from this place. Theere is member of the Sydney crew who has a carbon bonnet that he got for $600 & I have been quoted previously $1000 for the C-One Bonnet.

On top of purchasing & painting you still have the cost of fitment which will involve cutting a hole in your bonnet which will not be cheap.

Anyway, good luck with your bonnet scoop.

Those prices are good, but for those of us not prepared to take the legal risks with carbon fibre, a custom scoop is really the only option.

haha no mate that would be from your very good mates at ignition-x.. Ripoff indeed :)

skitzo's bonnet looked awesome... do a seach for bonnets or something on here and you will come across his thread he made when he first got it done. plenty of pics... i was so impressed. it cost him 1200 i think all up, 600 for labour, and he got stuffed over by some panel beaters and parts ended up costing 600 or something like that...

so thats 1200 for a custom scoop to be made into an existing bonnet... and it looks good. if i had the money i'd get one for sure.

haha no mate that would be from your very good mates at ignition-x.. Ripoff indeed :)

My Mistake. It has been sometime since I was interested in this type of item. $1700 is probably close to the mark for the CF bonnet. I had a look at the C-One JP site & using today's exhange rate the item is worth approx $1200 AUD. If you add freight on top of this then the price of $1700 is not that bad.

Having said that I have seen the CF C-One Bonnet up close & the in my opinion the product is first class, excellent finish & very light weight, if I could afford it I would get on without hesitation.

Once again I aopligise for the incorrect information. :D

Out of interest, have you got any quotes on doing the job?