Long Live The V6 !

To our unfortunate disappointment, Toyota has done the inevitable and discontinued the V6 Camry. Which in itself was very disheartening to hear. Simply due to low sales. Mainly because people brought the Hybrid, no offense but i've driven a Camry hybrid, it was terrible. Especially that elastic band feeling CVT made the power delivery feel laboured/sluggish. 

Long live the Aurion in my opinion. Australia should have brought the current gen Avalon in from the states to replace the Aurion.

Call me a snob but i don't like 4cyl's for the life of me, simply for the NVH & roughness of all 4cyl engines, regardless of who makes it. They just feel unrefined in multiple areas.

What's your opinion on the matter of them discontinuing the best power per dollar V6 ?

They already dropped the Lexus ES350 so we should have seen it coming to Australia.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/906860/toyota-camry-v6-dead-in-australia-axed-with-2021-facelift/

• Thanks 1

Being the bearer of bad news, you have not brightened up my Monday afternoon.

With nominal sales, it was inevitable and not such a hard decision to make for Toyota. Hybrids are selling quickly so makes sense to free up the production line to manufacture more of that model .

I am waiting for the next generation battery packs and more efficient and powerful electric motors to be fitted to an upgraded Hybrid sedan model. A 250-300 KW output specification would be a nice upgrade.

13 hours ago, campbeam said:

Being the bearer of bad news, you have not brightened up my Monday afternoon.

With nominal sales, it was inevitable and not such a hard decision to make for Toyota. Hybrids are selling quickly so makes sense to free up the production line to manufacture more of that model .

I am waiting for the next generation battery packs and more efficient and powerful electric motors to be fitted to an upgraded Hybrid sedan model. A 250-300 KW output specification would be a nice upgrade.

It would have been interesting, i'll give you that. But in a way i suppose what i look at is why couldn't they be simple & beef up the 2GR-FE ?

You don't need 12 bloody injectors for a V6, port & direct injection. Chrysler have shown you can extract power from a regular port injected V6 just fine, whilst still having low emissions, etc

7 hours ago, TommyM said:

It would have been interesting, i'll give you that. But in a way i suppose what i look at is why couldn't they be simple & beef up the 2GR-FE ?

You don't need 12 bloody injectors for a V6, port & direct injection. Chrysler have shown you can extract power from a regular port injected V6 just fine, whilst still having low emissions, etc

Stricter emission standards and manufacturers have responded with better fuel efficient engines.

Toyota’s solution was to introduce the 2GR-FKS engine which uses 95 RON and produces 224KW.

Toyota is introducing a twin turbo V6 engine to replace the V8.

https://www.carshowroom.com.au/news/the-end-of-toyota-s-v8-is-nigh-to-be-replaced-with-turbo-v6-engines-report/

Probably explains why sales of the V8 Landcruisers have increased significantly.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/is-this-the-300-series-effect-land-cruiser-200-series-v8-sales-soar-as-countdown-to-all-new

3 hours ago, campbeam said:

Stricter emission standards and manufacturers have responded with better fuel efficient engines.

Toyota’s solution was to introduce the 2GR-FKS engine which uses 95 RON and produces 224KW.

Toyota is introducing a twin turbo V6 engine to replace the V8.

https://www.carshowroom.com.au/news/the-end-of-toyota-s-v8-is-nigh-to-be-replaced-with-turbo-v6-engines-report/

Probably explains why sales of the V8 Landcruisers have increased significantly.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/is-this-the-300-series-effect-land-cruiser-200-series-v8-sales-soar-as-countdown-to-all-new

Yeah, stricter bulls**t more like it.

Yet the outgoing Aurion 2GR-FE is quicker 0-100 compared to the 8sp Camry. Go figure 😂

*I trust Pdrive TV results 100%, very accurate testing*

Well in all respect all they essentially did was put the Lexus GS350 V6 in. 

5 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Sad. As I posted in another thread Hydrogen is coming . . . .  just give it time.

True, very true

What next ?, bringing back steam engines ? Lol