Toyota Kluger ECO Past Record has wrong date

PJB

Looking for some advice on why the date is wrong on my 2019 Toyota Kluger GSU55R. Car is second hand so not sure of history. Sat nav is working and time is correct on that. Can't find anywhere to actually set the date.

Attached is a picture from today.

20210827_104717399_iOS (2).jpg

Edited by PJB

Have read the manual a lot and can't find any mention of a setting of the date. One thing I am wondering if it loses power for an extended time do you need to reset the date when it gets power again. Can't see that in the manual yet..

Edited by PJB

8 hours ago, PJB said:

Have read the manual a lot and can't find any mention of a setting of the date.

Wow ! Really ??. Hmm, that's interesting. I'd call Toyota and pick their brain over this. You may be able to get some free advice over the phone.

Have rung and emailed Toyota but they just point you to the dealer. Figure I will ask them on the next service as very strange can't find a case of this on the internet.

Think I have got to the bottom of this. It would seem maybe it was a GPS/sync kind of issue. Turned on the navigation tonight and noticed that the time was wrong so hit the satellite icon and let it sync up to enough satellites to get a bead on the time. Once the time got synced and the navigation showed the right time went to the EOCC page again and did an update. This then recorded the date correctly. Will see if it keeps the time and date in the coming days.

ECOs.jpg

Edited by PJB

On 9/3/2021 at 6:48 PM, PJB said:

Have rung and emailed Toyota but they just point you to the dealer. Figure I will ask them on the next service as very strange can't find a case of this on the internet.

I doubt head office would be interested. Best bet is the local dealer/service. 
You are right. it is a very strange occurrence.

9 minutes ago, PJB said:

Alas the fix was short lived as today it seems to have reverted to some other date.

Hmm. Strange. I am starting to think that it could be the head unit. I'm no electronics wizz, but if you were able to get your hands on a good second hand head unit like the there and see if the issue repeats itself. Do you know someone with the same vehicle that you could do a swap with just to test ??

If it's a fujitsu head unit like most other Toyota cars have been getting, it wouldn't surprise me. They are crap really. I wish that Toyota would implement their "Kaizen" mantra to head units instead of subjecting the world to this rubbish. The head unit should be the centre piece, figuratively speaking, and so it should reflect some quality control for the big $$$ we shell out to be part of the Toyota quality and reliability club.

You gotta laugh though right ? Which Toyota can boast about having gone back to 2002 then to the present day and then back to 2002 in one day?? :laugh::laugh:
Doc Brown would be jumping for joy !

10 hours ago, PJB said:

It is a 2019 under warranty so should be able to get it looked at next service. Very strange stuff.

Even better. They shouldn't hesitate to remedy the situation. Don't accept anything less, as much as the dealers would love to weasel their way out of a warranty claim, you paid good money for it and everything should function correctly just as the factory intended it too.

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Future People:

Took the car in for service and Toyota had an update that they could apply and now the date is correct. The next day it requested another update so seems it was not in the right state. Could not find a download on the internet that worked so maybe they have some magic in house.

20211020_000129020_iOS (2).jpg

Edited by PJB

8 hours ago, PJB said:

Future People:

🤣🤣🤣

Glad to hear they sorted it out. Firmware can be a funny thing, especially when it's not that long since it left the factory with it requiring an update so soon.