Bonnet damage

Ace1

Does anyone have a rough idea how much a new bonnet for my 2009 Toyota Aurion will cost and how much does having it sprayed going to cost 

I rolled a few metres and it went straight into the hook up end off a trailer and it's given it a good gauge and I've been told it's not able to be banged out I will take some pictures 

This eBay listing by an auto recycler for a used bonnet is $220 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/203555643513?hash=item2f64dca079:g:tnQAAOSwBDthEpdN

Your cheapest option would be to contact a wrecker's hotline and try to get one with the same paint code as your Aurion. 

It will be interesting to see some pictures of your damaged bonnet and whether it looks to be repairable. Being somewhat frugal [financial tight *****], I would be thinking of removing the bonnet, putting it on the lawn and stepping on the damaged area or using a rubber hammer to try and pop out most of the gouged/depressed area. 

13 hours ago, Bens1 said:

Does anyone have a rough idea how much a new bonnet for my 2009 Toyota Aurion will cost and how much does having it sprayed going to cost 

I rolled a few metres and it went straight into the hook up end off a trailer and it's given it a good gauge and I've been told it's not able to be banged out I will take some pictures 

You should have pictures ready to upload when posting something like this, so we can see the extent of the damage and be better positioned to evaluate the damage/cost.

As Ashley mentioned, you could look for a 2nd hand bonnet of the same colour, hoping it hasn't been resprayed, and hope it matches, otherwise you'd be up for a repaint for sure. If you're going down the road of a repaint anyway, most metal damage can be massaged out as panel shops have amazing equipment for this.

I see you have a 2009 model which makes it a 40 series Aurion. There are plenty of Toyota wreckers around who could have what you're looking for. Just do an online search and take your pick.

• Like 1